Steven A

Per USA Today, We're a Blue Blood

In a OSU article about Davison's commitment:

"Jordon Davison is a four-star recruit, who recently trimmed his list down to four schools. Ohio State was among those four school, but the competition included other college football blue bloods in Alabama, Michigan and Oregon."

I'm now waiting for the blue ball article about ewe dub recruiting.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steven A and other OBD Fans,

Steven A has put a solid and deep boot into the blue ball area of ewe dub, and it causes me to grin. I don't care about tOSU and/or USA Today recruiting articles. They don't intend to assist OBD to accrue any balance of ability and advantage, and they don't wish us well. Now, back to ewe dub.

Those ewe dub "rascals" had bedeviled OBD for a number of decades, and they have used many under-handed means [as coaching Reps and administrators] to do so. Now, our wonderful coaching/recruiting staff is doing an incredible job (and the other sports coaching staffs on campus are learning from them). One thing we can surmise about our competitors at ewe dub, they will be back - get ready to hammer them, just as we must prepare to out-think and out-work tOSU (that other OSU). Anyone can work hard - we must out-think them and work smart!

I copied an internet release by On3 Sports, and it lays out how the cornucopia has been tipped onto OBDs this past week with so many great young men choosing publicly to become Fightin' Ducks. Read below. Suggest you read what the recruits have said. The young man who seemed most spot-on is Jordon Davison. Jordon described OBD's coaches approach: "They’re very consistent on how they were recruited me. I wouldn’t even say they recruited me. They just build relationships and they truly care and they continue to be a part of me and my family.” That says it all. Davison and Sharma were headed to Texas until DL threw a lasoo around them.

"Oregon stayed hot on the recruiting trail on Saturday morning as it landed a commitment from Derby (Kan.) four-star tight end DaSaahn Brame.

The Ducks beat out Tennessee for commitment No. 6 this month. Brame is now the the third top-100 commit in the mix for Dan Lanning and Co. as he checks in at No. 98 overall and No. 3 at the TE position in the On3 Industry Ranking.

With a commitment from Brame, the Ducks jumped one spot and now have the No. 5 class in the nation, according to the On3 Industry Team Recruiting Rankings. After inking the No. 3 class last cycle, Oregon is on pace to finish in a similar position come December."

“It’s the players there. Definitely the offense that they run, I think I fit their offense more than I fit Tennessee’s offense,” Brame said of his decision to On3’s Chad Simmons. “That’s really a big thing for me, and just like the commitment that the players and coaches have to make each other better. They all have the same mindset that they’re trying to win a national championship.”

Oregon now has 13 commits in its class. Only Ohio State, Alabama, LSU and Georgia check in ahead of the new Big Ten program, as of June 29.

Ducks land Top Targets on both Sides of the Ball

"Brame is the third commitment for Oregon in the last 24 hours. Sacramento Folsom four-star defensive lineman and On3 top-100 recruit Josiah Sharma chose the Ducks over Texas on Friday and was quickly flanked by a commitment from Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei four-star running back Jordon Davison. Davison is the No. 96 overall prospect and No. 5 RB in the On3 Industry Ranking.

“They show a whole bunch of love, you know?” Davison told On3. They’re very consistent on how they were recruited me. I wouldn’t even say they recruited me. They just build relationships and they truly care and they continue to be a part of me and my family.”

Tampa Bay Tech five-star wide receiver Dallas Wilson continues to headline the class as a top-30 recruit and top-five wideout in the nation. San Diego (Calif.) Lincoln four-star quarterback Akili Smith Jr., Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei four-star linebacker Nasir Wyatt and Belleville (Ill.) Althoff Catholic four-star athlete Dierre Hill bolster the top of the class as top-175 recruits.

Also currently committed to the Ducks are Lee’s Summit (Mo.) North four-star receiver Isaiah Mozee, Concord (Calif.) De La Salle four-star defensive lineman Matthew Johnson and Scottsdale (Ariz.) Notre Dame Prep four-star receiver Cooper Perry. Tampa Sumner four-star offensive tackle Ziyare Addison pledged to the Ducks on June 10. Four-star athlete Brandon Finney joined the class earlier this week."

I remain VR,

KCDuck1  Go Ducks! Win Ducks, Win!

Edited by KCDuck1
  • Great post! 2

Posted (edited)

Blue? Our color is Green, as in the color envious USC fans see every time they look at how the recruiting is going.

Edited by Washington Waddler
word choice
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dan Lanning and Company, along with a well managed Division Street NIL collective are winning a lot of head to head battles against stiff competition. Impressive indeed.

Every time I see top rated recruits commit to Oregon when they have been projected to go elsewhere, a short rendition of Riverdance flashes through my mind. 

Go Ducks,

Go DL and Staff. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

"And other college blue bloods, Alabama, Michigan, and Oregon." 😍

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Ohio State misses out on four-star running back #GoBucks

I love the love for OBD but for me, you have to have a Natty to be a Blue Blood. Danno is closing in.

Please forgive the duplicate post but I wanted to post the Buckeyes logo along with the bad for the Buckeyes news.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/29/2024 at 11:31 AM, Jon Joseph said:

"And other college blue bloods, Alabama, Michigan, and Oregon." 😍

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Ohio State misses out on four-star running back #GoBucks

I love the love for OBD but for me, you have to have a Natty to be a Blue Blood. Danno is closing in.

Please forgive the duplicate post but I wanted to post the Buckeyes logo along with the bad for the Buckeyes news.

Historically I think we needed the title to elevate, but I personally don’t think so anymore. As we all know, history is being dumped on its butt left and right lately.

Pre-playoff championships really aren’t all they’re cracked up to be as they get more in the rear view mirror. Minnesota has 7 claimed national titles in football for instance. Seriously, Minnesota?

In the playoff era, only 15 teams have made it, 6 teams have a title, and only 9 of the 15 that have appeared have won a playoff game, including us.

Despite no title, I think 30 years of “new tradition”, with numerous BCS Bowl wins and one playoff victory makes us a new age blue-blood.

Even after we win one, there will still a handful of currently relevant schools that will still say, “Only 1? Big deal junior.” 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Go Ducks! 1

Minnesota won 3 (whatever) in a row in the 1930s. Hall of Famer coach Bud Wilkinson was on those teams. That's 3 skins on the wall. Ski-U-Mah!

I mean no disrespect when I say, I am tired of watching the bridge be lowered instead of the river being raised. Your record is what you are. No team or person in any sport who came close but did not grasp the prize is a 'Blue Blood.' Any more than a team that wins two titles in a row is a 'Dynasty.' We live in an age of hyperbole and pumping steam into everyone's self-esteem.  

Win the Day! Great. But win a title to be in the echelon. Anything else is no offense whatsoever, attempting to explain why 'Close' is 'Elite.' 

My Dad waited 70 years to see the Sox win another one. OBD will win one and probably more. Patience is required amid persistence. Danno is on track. First, how about Dan's Ducks win a conference championship? Perhaps on the way to a title this season? 

Love you, Sir Jabba. OBD will get there and there will be The Trophy in the case and not a list of reasons why 'we deserve to be there.'

Let's Play Ball!😍 

• Thumbs Up 3

No disrespect at all!

I agree, we need to win one and not be satisfied with where we are, but there isn’t an official blue-blood criteria. When it comes to recruits, our recent success and ability to operate in 2024 is more relevant than say, USC winning a title 20 years ago versus us not having one.

Everyone in the world outside some of us and a few jealous programs think we’re there, but I agree, status quo would not be success. 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

On 6/29/2024 at 10:41 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

No disrespect at all!

I agree, we need to win one and not be satisfied with where we are, but there isn’t an official blue-blood criteria. When it comes to recruits, our recent success and ability to operate in 2024 is more relevant than say, USC winning a title 20 years ago versus us not having one.

Everyone in the world outside some of us and a few jealous programs think we’re there, but I agree, status quo would not be success. 

I understand and respect your POV.

Jesse Owens medals won in Berlin are just as meaningful and perhaps more so toaday than the medals that will be won in Paris this summer. 

Past triumphs fade but they are never irrelevant. Sign enough of these young recruits and very soon Oregon will be what USC once was. Dan has the Ducks on a championship path. Greater the glory when Troy is passed by on the field.

[Goodness, enough philosophy! Honey, where's the Scotch?]

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

Single Malt 21?

• Thumbs Up 1

Jessie Owen’s medals won in Berlin will be the most important medals ever won in Olympic history. Yale’s national titles in the 1880’s, not so much.

• Applause 1

The term blue blood is just a word. You think high school recruits care about Nebraska being good before they were born? It's about visibility, image, ability to win, and NFL draft competency. Oh and $$$$$.

The fact Oregon has been so relevant despite the majority of the country being able to watch any of it's conference games is a testament to it's relevancy. How many games does Oregon win? How do they recruit? Do people tune in to watch them when they are on National Television? Do other programs view a game against Oregon as a big deal?

The biggest indicator is what conference wanted Oregon, and the want wasn't there to pad potential television numbers like Rutgers or Maryland. The want wasn't to make USC happy by giving them a regional travel buddy. The want was there because you get conference matchups like Michigan vs Oregon, Ohio State vs Oregon, Penn State vs Oregon. Meanwhile Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State had to settle to remain relevant. Cal and Stanford had to bend down, hat in hand to get an invite to a conference that is fighting a court battle against their biggest brands.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1