Steven A

24/7 National Recruiting Analyst Doesn’t See Many Holes in the Ducks Blue Chip Roster

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon doesn't seem to have many holes on its 2024 roster, according to national college football analyst Bud Elliott, who joined the Autzen Audibles podcast on Friday.

This quote is telling. 

"Obviously, Oregon was at the forefront of NIL. We don't have to dance around it. You also have to do it the right way. You have to do it in a smart way, and you have to have a good working relationship between all parties involved, and it's pretty clear that Oregon has that."

Oregon got some flack by some fans early on in the NIL world that they weren't paying enough for recruits and were getting beat because of it. Turns out that Oregon was just a few steps ahead of everyone. 

You also get a sense of how good Oregon's NIL is not just with who they get but also who they lose. 

I can only think of two players we have lost who were true assets to the team. Players who either started or played meaningful snaps. 

That article gives this Old Oregon fan the shivers....never thought I'd read it in my life!

Oregon Poster (2).jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/29/2024 at 6:38 PM, Charles Fischer said:

That article gives this Old Oregon fan the shivers....never thought I'd read it in my life!

Oregon Poster (2).jpg

I hear you and I think I know exactly how you’re feeling about this.  And I’ll tell you what Mr. FishDuck, I honestly believe that Lanning and Co are just getting warmed up.   The best days are ahead.  It feels great to see the Ducks really flexing their muscles.  Yes Sir, the best days are in the future!

• Thanks 1

This is simply over the top for this old Duck fan.........

And I agree that the best days are in the future. Though the future is very unpredictable.........

As I look back, this Duck fan is grateful that Coach Lanning decided to turn down the helm of the Alabama Death Star and stay at home with the Ducks.

Every team and their fans in the SEC, not named Alabama, should be thankful too!

Can you imagine what DL could do with the Alabama brand?

Go Ducks..........

On 6/29/2024 at 4:27 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

s I look back, this Duck fan is grateful that Coach Lanning decided to turn down the helm of the Alabama Death Star and stay at home with the Ducks.

Would he have stayed if we remained in the Pac-12?  (Interesting question to ponder...)

Oregon and B1G Logo.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/29/2024 at 4:27 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Can you imagine what DL could do with the Alabama brand?

I think that’s exactly what we’re witnessing. Oregon is becoming a brand as strong as Alabama.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/29/2024 at 4:46 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Would he have stayed if we remained in the Pac-12?  (Interesting question to ponder...)

Oregon and B1G Logo.jpg

Charles, i am glad we only have to ponder that.......

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1