Solar

We've Officially Left the PAC12

EDIT: We've only left the PAC12 and are independent until August 2nd when we officially join the B1G.

Edited by Solar

I read somewhere that we don't legally join the conference until 8/02/2024. So they can't make announcements until then.

And the Pac-2 is on their own...

I'm sure they'll put up a good fight...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2024 at 2:10 PM, Babyjesus615 said:

I read somewhere that we don't legally join the conference until 8/02/2024. So they can't make announcements until then.

Okay, you made me check and you're right, we have merely officially left the PAC12, but not yet officially joined the B1G.

So an interesting bit of trivia for future generations will be the Oregon was once independent! If only for a month in the off-season.

Edited by Solar
  • Cool 1

More trivia, I think we’ve been independent before, PCC to PAC era. And we might have been kicked out of a conference for a scandal once. 😆 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

The only difference between a groove and rut -is depth. Happy to put the pac in the rear view mirror. The smartest guys in the room, it turned out were collectively idiots. 

The PAC 12 website has removed everything but Beavis and Coug stuff. It’s somewhat pathetic and sad.

image.thumb.png.2dcb303961710ec2676ee4c59cfff564.png

• Like 1

And they seem to be getting addicted to “the power” of “calling the shots” for the “conference”. I think if they do actually try to reconstitute the league, it’s going to become a real impediment.

Yeah let’s leave our legitimate conference for something where these two numbskulls who offer nothing other than an old brand are calling the shots…who would do that?

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

It is so bizarre--today's culture.  You can call something that fits your narrative long enough...with the hopes that nobody believes their own eyes. 

No matter WHO the Pig-2 add to their Pac-Down conference...it is still teams taken from the Group-of-Five, which makes it just another G5 conference.  Do you really think you are fooling the viewers?  I know that Fox or ESPN will not be fooled...

Oh well...I'm sure the Pig-2 know

how to do this.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

From one of their forums today, the only football topic with a ton of activity at the moment…and it’s 6 pages deep, this is the mindset lol

The problem, as I see it, you are imagining that hole is anything but shallow, vapid, corrupt, unscrupulous and evil.  They are the epitome of what is wrong with college sports.  

Playing them adds legitimacy to their corruption.  They have cheated, stole and bought their way to where they are.  I am sorry, us playing them for a paycheck is not in my future.  Not saying I will quit attending or watching, just do not agree with it.  

I see it in reverse of how you see it - playing them elevates them - not the other way around.  I would be right there with you if we were discussing the UofO of old - up until roughly the mid '90's.  After that?  They took the "win at all costs" approach.  

Sorry OSU football will not be in your future without hole.  For me, hole and UW - don't let the door hit you on the way out. They are the one's who walked away from what was the Civil War, not us - and stabbed us in the back on the way out.  F those guys.  The only way I want to play them is on a neutral field, in the CFP.  And beat them like a rented mule, on national TV.  Kinda like how we beat down Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/4/2024 at 5:23 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

The PAC 12 website has removed everything but Beavis and Coug stuff. It’s somewhat pathetic and sad.

And the second lead story is OSU hiring a women’s rowing coach!   Hahahahahaha

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2024 at 8:42 PM, AllOregon said:

And the second lead story is OSU hiring a women’s rowing coach!   Hahahahahaha

How do they keep that website with a straight face and no shame? If there was any mojo left in the brand, it will be destroyed completely over the next year.

All games “broadcast nationally”…meanwhile they’ll need an FAQ on how to get an antenna hooked up to your TV.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain