Dav3d

Now That the Ducks are in the Big10, and the Stupid Pac-12 Ban No Longer Applies...

...we can use these at Autzen again, right?

Asking for a friend.

duck lips.jpg

• Applause 1

Unknown, but doubt it.

Mr. FishDuck

Okay I did a little research on this topic and gorey details are below, but the net is this: 

Duck lips are not banned by NCAA or Autzen stadium rules. 

Big10 appears to have a vague but broad policy against "irritants" which might be interpreted to include noisemakers. 

Sooo...I interpret this as a grey area that should be exploited and I advocate for a mass duck lips revival at the Ohio State game. 

I mean, what's the worst that could happen, they get "officially" banned again?  But wouldn't it be soo worth it? 

Autzen Stadium Policies 

NCAA Playing Rules: No Rule Against Duck Lips 

Artificial Noisemakers in Sports for which the NCAA Writes Rules
(Updated September 2019)

Football. 

Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals. No one in the team area or coaching box may use any artificial sound amplification to communicate with players on the field.

BIG10: Grey Area

(Policies for Championship Game 2023 at Lucas Oil Stadium, can't find a general policy reference)

Certain items may not be brought into the premises, including without limitation, alcohol, drugs, controlled substances, cameras, recording devices, laser pointers, strobe lights, irritant, bundles and containers.

There are people arguing that noise-makers are an irritant, along with Giant flags, etc. but the Big10 leaves it up to each stadium to enforce it's policies.   

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/19/2024 at 2:26 PM, Dav3d said:

Big10 appears to have a vague but broad policy against "irritants"

Do Husky fans fall under “irritants” and will they be banned from B1G games?* 

* Asking for a “friend”

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/19/2024 at 4:09 PM, OregonDucks said:

Do Husky fans fall under “irritants” and will they be banned from B1G games?

Yes, they will have to tailgate with SC fans.

• Thumbs Up 2

Husky fans definitely count as irritants. Totally agree with Steven. Lol. 

On 8/19/2024 at 4:45 PM, Dav3d said:

Husky fans definitely count as irritants. Totally agree with Steven. Lol. 

Certainly rub me the wrong way...

• Thumbs Up 1

Not a fan of having someone blow the shrill duck lips into the back of my head.

Before they were banned the guys in the seats behind me had both Duck lips and regular Duck calls on lanyards around their necks, and used them the whole game. 

Stomp, yell, and have fun at the games, but if we are ahead by 30 points, put the kazoo down for awhile. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Husky fans, like their mascot, would likely be classified by the B1G as a controlled substance. They’d only be allowed into stadiums if they agreed to be locked in kennels far enough away from other fans that their woofing (irritant) could not be heard. 

On 8/21/2024 at 12:28 PM, Drake said:

Not a fan of having someone blow the shrill duck lips into the back of my head.

Before they were banned the guys in the seats behind me had both Duck lips and regular Duck calls on lanyards around their necks, and used them the whole game. 

Stomp, yell, and have fun at the games, but if we are ahead by 30 points, put the kazoo down for awhile. 

Not to yell at the clouds but I completely agree. I put the lips in the same category as the chainsaw racket.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain