Duckley Palace

Nebraska Fans Don't Get Us

oregon-trolling-the-b1g-with-their-giant

First of all I think we all owe Charles and the great people a big thanks for giving us this board. It's the cleanest, best laid out format I've seen. As I've traveled across some of our old and new "friends" message boards I've come to appreciate how outsiders are treated, and how they treat us. From Georgia, Florida, Wisconsin, and Ohio State visitors I've  seen on here (If I've missed anyone I'm sorry). I hope more come here and get to know us. There are others I hope to see come here as we integrate into the B1G.

Nebraska fans are high on that list. I've always heard they are the nicest people in the world, and judging them based off message boards isn't fair. But by far I would say they are the most arrogant, and negative group not named Beavis that I've seen.

They think our 51k stadium should disqualify us as having one of the top fan bases in the country.(SI article ranked US number one in the B1G, Nebraska was number 2) They say we are loud, brash, and don't respect history because we have none. Then they say our state populace will hinder any growth potential. But some of them did say they like our mascot, and look forward to the fun we'll bring in the conference.

One last observation is how negative they are about the B1G. They desperately want to go back to the Big 12 because of history, and they hate how Michigan got their AAU card pulled somehow. They talk about how bad the B1G football is beyond Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and themselves(historically). This was before USC joined, as they say the B1G is full of five blue bloods and a bunch of empty trophy cases.

They don't seem to like where they are, but they complain about how they were treated in their former home. Oklahoma left them to side with Texas.  It's the only fan base in the B1G that I've seen that feel this way. Maybe it's the old Big 8 that they miss. But if Nebraska and the B1G were to split up, it wouldn't be the B1G that would end up hurting. I could think of a few programs that would take that spot. 

If any Husker comes to this great site I hope you stick around to get to know us. Are we brash? Yeah. Are we non traditional ? Well yeah. Are we disrespectful? I think you'll find that answer quickly if you come to this online message boards. Traditionally a place you find the scoundrels of any fan base  

We're silly, we're fun. Now we are B1G!! Hope to meet some of you down the road.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Duckley Palace I can’t accurately comment on Nebraska fans or their message boards, as I’ve never visited a Nebraska board.  I can absolutely say that I love this FishDuck forum!  I’ve very much enjoyed the time I’ve spent corresponding with Duck fans here.  

I became a member during the off-season before the 2022 season.  Initially I just wanted to converse with some Duck fans about the Ducks football program and also about our upcoming game that started the 22 season.  I found everyone here to be welcoming and very inviting to discuss our respective programs and just CFB in general.  The Ducks have long been my #2 team, so becoming a member here has been great for me!  I’ve since learned much about Duck football that I likely otherwise wouldn’t have been educated on.  There are so many knowledgeable fans here that I’ve enjoyed learning from and enjoyed a general back and forth with about the sport that I love.  

I’m proud to be a member of this forum.  It’s one of my favorite places to talk CFB.  

Edited by SoGaDawg
  • Go Ducks! 3
  • Salute 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 4

If Autzen’s total capacity disqualifies us as a legit member, then Nebraska’s population should disqualify them as a legit state. Makes about as much sense.

I will buy their corn products and they can buy our lumber products.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

They don't get us, but they got Riley. That is probably the root of the problem with their fan base not liking much about Oregon. 

Those I have met with a connection to Nebraska are just solid people. I look forward to our Ducks teaching them more about the real Oregon Football Program.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 8/3/2024 at 5:00 AM, Duckley Palace said:

They think our 51k stadium should disqualify us as having one of the top fan bases in the country.(SI article ranked US number one in the B1G, Nebraska was number 2) They say we are loud, brash, and don't respect history because we have none. Then they say our state populace will hinder any growth potential. But some of them did say they like our mascot, and look forward to the fun we'll bring in the conference.

Just to set the record straight for our BIG Nebraska neighbors, below is Autzen total capacity.  Expect, after the new indoor practice facility is built, they will move towards upgrading the stadium.

Our stadium is ranked 13th in the Big Ten conference in size.  So we are not the biggest, but we're not the smallest either.

"Autzen Stadium in Eugene, home of the Oregon Ducks, is renowned for its crowd noise, but is it the loudest college football stadium? Recent success on the field has added to the excitement, making it a formidable venue. Despite its small capacity, Autzen Stadium is recognized as one of the top loudest stadiums in college football."

"By the Numbers

Autzen Stadium Capacity: 60,000

Highest Recorded Decibels at Autzen Stadium: 127

Yes, But

Other notable stadiums like Tiger Stadium at LSU also boast high noise levels, challenging Autzen Stadium's title as the loudest.

State of Play

Husky Stadium in Washington holds the record for the loudest volume at a college stadium: 133.6 decibels.

Ohio Stadium, Kyle Field, and Beaver Stadium are also known for their deafening crowd noise.

What's Next

As Oregon enters Big Ten conference play, the noise level at Autzen Stadium is likely to rise, potentially challenging LSU's Tiger Stadium for the top spot.

Bottom Line

Autzen Stadium may not be the largest, but its fans' passion and proximity to the field make it a powerhouse in creating a noisy and intimidating environment for visiting teams, solidifying its reputation as one of the loudest college football stadiums."

BVMSPORTS.COM

Autzen Stadium in Eugene, home of the Oregon Ducks, is renowned for its crowd noise, but is it the loudest college football stadium? Recent success on the field

Autzen Stadium seating capacity: How big is the home of the Oregon Ducks?

Looking to learn more about the Oregon football stadium? Let's go over how big the home of the Oregon Ducks happens to be.

How big is Autzen Stadium? 

The home of the Ducks opened its doors back in 1967. Over its lifespan, Autzen Stadium, located in Eugene, Oregon, has undergone numerous renovations and a few expansions. If you’re wondering just how many seats are in Autzen Stadium, the answer is smaller than what some might expect.

As of right now, a total of 54,000 Oregon football fans can show up at Autzen Stadium and get a seat, according to the Oregon Ducks athletics department. But, there have been occasions where more folks than that show up. While the official seating capacity of Autzen Stadium sits at 54,000, thanks to the magic of standing room only, attendance has surpassed that on multiple occasions. 

A grand total of 60,055 college football fans showed up to watch the Ducks face the Arizona State Sun Devils in 2011. As of right now, that seems to be the record for the stadium.

Autzen Stadium isn’t exactly the biggest college football stadium in the country (it’s not, by a mile), but it certainly features an imposing atmosphere thanks to the way it’s designed. And while many college football programs are struggling to get fans into stadiums for home games, Oregon's uniquely shaped football stadium gives the Ducks an advantage.

AUTZENZOO.COM

All things considered, college football isn’t that far away and it’s time to start getting ready. Let’s start refreshing our knowledge a bit and become more fam

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The B12 would have the Huskers surrounded by better teams? 🤣🤣🤣

The B1G - 17 AAU members and Nebraska. Michigan took away the AAU honor? Right. The B12 would be a better fit but it would cost the Huskers millions of dollars that the administration will not walk away from.  

I attended a CU/Huskers game and for the most part, the fans were gracious to CU visitors. The stadium does provide a terrific in-game experience. Lincoln is a personification of a 'truck stop league.' 

Nebraska is a team that could not win the weak B1G West. The Huskers haven't been to a bowl game since 2016. Music City Bowl - Tennessee 38 - Nebraska 24. In the Huskers favor, unlike the living in the past fans of The U, Nebraska fans sell out the stadium for every home game. (In fairness to the Hurricanes that blow, the Huskers stadium is on campus and not 24 miles and a 45-minute drive, depending on traffic 😒from campus.  Miami fans,  when you go 7-6 with a bowl loss to Rutgers, do you want to be bowl eligible?

Ruhle will improve the program. With one of the weaker schedules in the B1G in 2024, the Huskers should win at least six games and be bowl-eligible. But a return to the glory days? I don't think so. 

No game vs the Huskers until 2026 when Nebraska visits Autzen and learns something about Oregon's stadium. The Ducks visit Nebraska in 2027. 

• Great post! 2
  • Like 1

Thank you Duckley Palace for the kind words, as I and those who volunteer put in a ton of hours to make it all happen.  In fact I will be spending about four hours today working on a project for the sites that is in the background, that nobody sees, but the work has to be done for the season.

I could not operate this forum without the volunteers, and my full gratitude cannot be expressed with mere words.

I do not have to go to other schools' sites for comparison, as I check out the other two pay sites for Oregon fans, as I used to be an active member of them.  The reason I started this forum was because of those experiences, and the nonsense that still pervades those sites. Our dozen moderators keep this site clear, as Trolls hardly have a bad post up for very long.

In fact, we have had quite a spell of very few rule violations, and it has been great.  Love this community!

We have a smaller community here than those sites, but we actually have as much discussion or more in a given day due to how people at OBD forum know they can post without being put down for a different opinion. We also post more articles to read here for all locations than any other Oregon site, and that is due to NJDuck and the Duck News Hunting Team. (NJDuck, Steven A., Smith72 and Jon Joseph...and we need more!)

As for Nebraska and B1G fans who already don't like Duck fans?

giphy.gif

We have great fans, and we have disgusting fans, and I am not apologizing for it. (Although I think I may be in BOTH categories at times)

I am just embracing the fun of the season, and if other B1G fans want to share in discussion--the door is open and we would welcome them.

But they have to behave...  😉

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Nebraska. My wife and I with our 3 year old daughter were driving back to Oregon from NY (worked near the city for 6 months). We introduced the standard analog Road atlas to ou daughter. As the states rolled by and pages were turned we hit Nebraska. After what must have seemed like a week to her, she asked, daddy when do we get off this page?

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 2
  • Applause 1

Thanks Charles!

About 15-20 years ago, I went to a OU v Nebraska game at Lincoln. A few observations:

1). I didn’t get the impression Memorial Stadium was significantly larger than Autzen.   Larger for sure, but there was so little space for your rear end (which is how I believe the capacity is so much more).  

2).  I felt like I was at a church watching the game.  I wore my bright yellow Haloti Ngata jersey and stood up to encourage the Husker D to make a goal line stand.  People told me to sit down.   I couldn’t believe the lack of noise compared to Autzen.  

3).  The people are extremely nice.  Made lots of friends tailgating and at the bars after the game.  But maybe a little too nice.  After the Sooners won, the crowd gave a golf clap to Stoops as he jogged off the field.  I promised my new Husker friends that Neuweasel would not receive such a friendly reception.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2024 at 5:45 AM, SoGaDawg said:

@Duckley Palace I can’t accurately comment on Nebraska fans or their message boards, as I’ve never visited a Nebraska board.  I can absolutely say that I love this FishDuck forum!  I’ve very much enjoyed the time I’ve spent corresponding with Duck fans here.  

I became a member during the off-season before the 2022 season.  Initially I just wanted to converse with some Duck fans about the Ducks football program and also about our upcoming game that started the 22 season.  I found everyone here to be welcoming and very inviting to discuss our respective programs and just CFB in general.  The Ducks have long been my #2 team, so becoming a member here has been great for me!  I’ve since learned much about Duck football that I likely otherwise wouldn’t have been educated on.  There are so many knowledgeable fans here that I’ve enjoyed learning from and enjoyed a general back and forth with about the sport that I love.  

I’m proud to be a member of this forum.  It’s one of my favorite places to talk CFB.  

I have a buddy who set me up with a Husker 2nd year Sociology major when I was stationed at Shepard Air Force Base In Wichita Falls Texas back in 2010. It was around Spring, but all she could talk about was how boring Wichita Falls Texas was.. I asked her why she was there then, she told me she was on Spring Break.

I then remember trying to add some laughs by telling her Lincoln Nebraska must have been a hundred times worse if she was spending her Spring Break in Wichita Falls Texas. Apparently my humor face wasn't working as she told me she was only passing through on her way to Cancun. Deadpan...Full Stop.

*I wasn't invited to Cancun for a second date btw.

Edited by Duckley Palace
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

The Money these days is not the Stadium it is in TV/Broadcasting and Ratings. However I would love to see Autzen expand to 65,000.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2