Thomallister1291

Oregon, Hawaii Mutually Agree to Cancel Two Future Football Games

FBSCHEDULES.COM

The Oregon Ducks and Hawaii Rainbow Warriors have mutually agreed to cancel two future football games, FBSchedules.com...

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder who will we schedule while in the Big Ten, I hope we still get a Power opponent that isn't Stanford, Cal, Utah, Colorado or the Arizonas, albeit UU would be nice af.

Love the exposure on the Islands these games give our Ducks. It is a long flight, but I think the student athletes like the trip too. 

Hopefully our ties to the Hawaiian culture and players on the Islands stay strong, love our Poly players!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/7/2024 at 4:08 PM, Haywarduck said:

Love the exposure on the Islands these games give our Ducks. It is a long flight, but I think the student athletes like the trip too. 

Hopefully our ties to the Hawaiian culture and players on the Islands stay strong, love our Poly players!

I was bummed for Dillon Gabriel (and the other players from the South Pacific) that this year’s game in Hawaii had to be canceled. I’m sure that they were looking to play at “home” in front of family and friends.  

Makes sense…we’re already playing a Mountain West team in Corvallis…

• Haha 4
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I'll miss the game there. Loved the idea of an Hawaiian vacation and a Duck football game!! 

Oh well, makes financial sense.

Good for recruiting but: 2025 at Penn State, Northwestern, Rutgers; 2026 at OK St, Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State; 2027 at Baylor, Nebraska, Maryland, Michigan; 2028 at Utah State (😒), Indiana, Minnesota, Penn State. Plus travel to Playoff sites. 

Whew!

No 1 destination place in the US is not Corvallis. 

I would think a recruit would be way more interested in jumping on a plane to visit the islands than jumping on a bus to see Beavus. 

Not a good decision in my mind. Think of the studs that come out of that state.

• Thumbs Up 1