Smith72

Dan Lanning is Right Where He's Supposed to Be

In depth interview with Coach Lanning.

WWW.ESPN.COM

Why Oregon is everything Dan Lanning could have ever wanted.

Good message about Dan's journey and who he is.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 4
  • Like 2

Nice!

🙂

GREAT article...

Lanning's youth is matched by his confidence, variety of experiences and ability to draw people in. A former coach he worked with said he's "as comfortable in a room with a $20 million donor as he is with the third-string linebacker."

"He's got a lot of experience for a 38-year-old," Todd Graham, who first hired Lanning when he was the head coach at Pittsburgh, said. "[Oregon has] a synergy with him and he's just getting started. This guy, he isn't even close to reaching his potential."

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

I love the story of how he got started. 

Saves money as an entry level high school teacher…not the easiest task…so that he can leave high school teaching behind, and be hired as an unpaid assistant. 

RESPECT

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Could he be a LIFER at Oregon?

Lanning said. "And my family and I made a decision a long time ago, this will be, for us, the last place that we coach .... That means I have to win."

giphy.gif

Graham said. "I wouldn't worry about Dan going anywhere else unless he wins three or four national championships or something, and then he might want to go win a Super Bowl."

• Wow 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Everything I read or watch about Dan Lanning makes me like and appreciate him more.

I feel that we are in for a heck of a ride! 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

What an awesome article. Even for non Duck fans it is hard to not root for this guy.

This quote was great. 100% of the time he wants to win! 

"We were at his house eating and he came up to me and he was like, 'I need a cornhole partner. Can you be my partner?'" sophomore quarterback Dante Moore said. "I was like, 'I don't know, Coach, I don't know if I'm that good.' He looked at me, he was like, 'Nah, I don't want you on my team then.'"

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Pate predicts a Natty for Danno and DeBoer in the next 5 years. 

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/josh-pate-makes-major-5-year-prediction-for-dan-lanning-and-kalen-deboer

For us Grey Beards, please make it sooner (not you Oklahoma) and not later. 😁

All that bastard DeBoer at Alabama needs is a 'Tide defense, a 'Tide O-Line and then three exceptional receivers with an exceptional QB...of which he can get at Alabama.  He will be trouble...

Kalen DeBoer Named Head Coach of Alabama Football - Alabama Athletics

• Yikes! 2

Mr. FishDuck

Wow, that article makes Dan Lanning sound like the perfect head football coach that would come out of the lab. He couldn’t have paid someone to write up a better article. If I were Dan Lanning, I would print a copy and frame it in my office and send it to all the potential recruits.  

All kidding aside, we all know that we need to see better game planning, execution and decisions in the “big games”. The article highlights that Coach Lanning is ultra competitive and learns quickly, so we can only hope that he can turn into one of the top in game managers in college football and win a national championship (or multiple).

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lanning is already 100 times the game manager Cristobal was.

Certainly there is room for improvement in scheming for opponents instead of patronizing recruits during game weeks.

However everyone that is so confident he made multiple poor decisions in the past to go for it, may actually be wrong.

Given the limitations of the team (bad fg kicker and a defense that wasn't going to stop the opposing offense) his decision making was pretty reasonable.

Of course now we have great fg kickers and a top shelf defense, so when he chooses to punt or kick a field goal everyone will say DL is maturing as a coach. I'll be saying, "Just shut up."

Edited by Solar
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2024 at 8:17 PM, Charles Fischer said:

All that bastard DeBoer at Alabama needs is a 'Tide defense, a 'Tide O-Line and then three exceptional receivers with an exceptional QB...of which he can get at Alabama.  He will be trouble...

Kalen DeBoer Named Head Coach of Alabama Football - Alabama Athletics

Yes, I’m afraid you are very right about this!  The man is a good coach, and he isn’t likely to ever want for talent at Bama.  He is going to very likely be a thorn in both of our sides in the coming years.

• Thumbs Up 1