Charles Fischer

Oregon's Recruiting Quality is Unheard Of.....

My FishDuck Friends, what Dano is doing on the quality side of recruiting as never been done at Oregon before.  Yes, we've had some flips that have moved Oregon's Rivals ranking down to No. 12, but it is still early.  Note how few we have compared to the others, thus our ranking has a ton of upside for later.

Note also the average recruit ranking for 2025 is an astounding 4.07?  That has not happened or been sustained before...geez.  No. 2 in the nation for quality--wowsa.

N.RIVALS.COM

2025 all-teams football recruiting team rankings by Rivals.com

Note how for 2026 class, we have five verbals and all five are Rivals 4-Stars, for a perfect 4.00 average!  Both classes at 4.0 or better average? Insane.

N.RIVALS.COM

2026 all-teams football recruiting team rankings by Rivals.com

Can you believe it?

giphy.gif

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

And then there is this... No. 1 for 2026 with On3

WWW.ON3.COM

2026 Oregon Ducks Football team commit list with the industry comparison.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

What I also enjoy is he goes after a student athlete like our recent recruit Dutch. He isn't the highest rated recruit, but Lanning sees something in this kid he likes. 

Dan is combining what we had before under Brooks and Bellotti, an eye for under appreciated recruit, and what the most recent coaches brought the ability to bring in the highly sought after recruits. 

I like the blend of recruits, transfers and the culture he is building. We don't have a mass exodus of recruits, too many senior transfers filling voids, and the competition on the team seems fierce, but collegial where everyone has a role. One might say, everything is on fleek!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I’ve always looked at the average star rating, as that is more important than the total (quality over quantity). It’s also important not to fill all the spots with high school recruits to leave some room for high-impact transfers, in positions of need.  

• Thumbs Up 2

In other (possibly tangentially related) recruiting news, did anyone else catch this little bit of news this week:

"The University of Miami has certainly taken advantage of the NIL era, and rightfully so, but it appears they might need a new mega-booster going forward to continue that trend.

Once claimed to be the Hurricanes' "NIL King", there is "substantial doubt" that John Ruiz's LifeWallet company can remain in business after the large-scale claims company made $7.7 million in revenue last year but suffered a net loss of $211 million in 2023, according to an SEC filing."

I believe the company was valued at over $20 billion as little as about 2.5 years ago (and were expected to reach close to $1 billion in revenue in 2023 and have realized less than $10 million of that).

Ultimately, Miami may be required to pivot a bit but likely would find its way forward; but, wonder if Mario's seat gets any warmer as I believe Ruiz was considered instrumental in a small group of Miami boosters who pushed to bring him in?

With skill talent the likes of Ward, Martinez, and Restrepro, what most lists appear to be top 10 ranked OLs and DLs, and a reasonable appearing schedule (no Clemson, FSU at home), this should be a year, if Mario's going to get one, to silence some of his detractors?

In recent years obviously the Oregon staff has been active in Florida; but, I believe OL Gernorris Wilson (Lakeland) is Oregon's only current recruit from Florida (Traeshon Holden is from Kissimmee but was more via an Alabama transfer).

(I think Oregon has two Florida commits for 2025, so there is that to consider as well)

Edited by AnotherOD

On 8/18/2024 at 5:57 PM, AnotherOD said:

wonder if Mario's seat gets any warmer

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck