NJDuck

Oregon Ducks vs. Ohio State Game Time Released, Prime Time Big Ten Matchup

The Oregon Ducks football team welcomes the Ohio State Buckeyes to Autzen Stadium in one of the biggest Big Ten and college football matchups in 2024. The game time has been set.

The Oregon Ducks football team welcomes the Ohio State Buckeyes to Autzen Stadium on October 12th, 2024. It'll be all eyes on Oregon coach Dan Lanning's squad vs. Buckeyes coach Ryan Day's team as the game time has been set for 4:30 p.m. PT and will broadcast on NBC, per Joel Klatt.

WWW.SI.COM

The Oregon Ducks football team welcomes the Ohio State Buckeyes to Autzen Stadium on October 12th, 2024. It'll be all...

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2

Perfect, back where we belong with that time-slot, been too few of them over the post-Mariota years.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/20/2024 at 6:22 PM, spartan2785 said:

Perfect, back where we belong with that time-slot, been too few of them over the post-Mariota years.

So far the B1G has the Michigan State game at 6 pm. The away game at Purdue at 5 pm which is 8 pm their time, so it looks like they are trying to put these games on at reasonable times or maybe we're getting preferential treatment because of the hype.

The game against Idaho is 4:30, while the Beavis game is 12:30.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's as much the network it's on as the time slot.  We had a fair few games in that late afternoon time frame, the problem was that it was usually on Pac12 Net. where nobody was able to watch it.  

4:00-5:30 is perfect, most of the east coast is done with the afternoon games, people are watching football after their own team's game is done, all eyes are on you.  That is if you are on one of the major networks.  

• Thumbs Up 1

This game will be hyped beyond belief by NBC. It should attract a massive audience I'd expect. Are there any other big games being broadcast at the same time?

• Applause 1

I'm not much for going to games. I have my home setup more comfortable than any press box, but this is a game I would never sell my ticket if I was a season ticket holder. I don't care if it's rainy or cold, it's going to be a memory and experience you won't forget.

• Thumbs Up 2

I understand why the game is at 4:30, but personally I'd like to see a couple of 12:30 games at Auzten. I'm a morning person, and I'd like to see a home game where it is still light out when the game is over.

BTW, when Ohio State is here, will they bring the band, and, if so, will current students be able to read the cursive writing when the "i" is dotted? 😉

• Thumbs Up 4

7:30 Eastern is a heck of a lot better than 10:30. 

A 9 AM Pacific KO would not work for the FOX Big Noon game but could have been a 12:30 Pacific KO on CBS. I imagine CBS will carry the Penn State at SC game at 12:30. UW at Iowa is likely to be the B1G Noon game.

Pulverize the Potato Pickers! 

On 8/21/2024 at 9:29 AM, Jon Joseph said:

A 9 AM Pacific KO would not work for the FOX Big Noon game but could have been a 12:30 Pacific KO on CBS. ...

Pulverize the Potato Pickers! 

Being an early riser, I'd be totally okay with a 9 AM Pacific KO--but I also totally understand why it would not work for 99% of fans attending a game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ohio St. v Oregon was traded as the No. 3 pick.

AWFULANNOUNCING.COM

We now know that Fox traded the rights to broadcast Oregon's matchup against Ohio State in the Big Ten schedule draft.

Interesting way to do business.  Would you have made the trade?

• Mic drop 1

I love it. When was the last time Oregon had a football game on NBC?

Oregon's opening game, at Nebraska in 1953 was the National Game of the Week on NBC. The game was played when the NCAA had its CFB broadcast monopoly. This was the 1st national broadcast of a Ducks and Cornhuskers regular season game. 

OBD won, 20-12.😍 Rex FISCHER (!) was the starting QB (Tailback) for the Huskers.

Nebraska put together a 63-yard drive in the second quarter to make it a 13-6 game, with Rex Fischer going 4 yards for the TD. But Oregon answered less than a minute later with Ted Anderson's 56-yard run off right tackle to make it 20-6.

After a scoreless third period, lighting struck early in the fourth for Nebraska as Fischer found halfback Ennis Korinek all alone at the Oregon 41. The 68-yard pass play made it a 20-12 game.

Later in the fourth period, a Bob Wagner interception near midfield gave the Huskers a chance to salvage a tie, but Nebraska stalled after getting inside the Ducks' 25. Oregon ran out the clock from there, driving all the way to the NU 2 before the Ducks' Walter Gaffney was caught on an end sweep for a 7-yard loss by George Gohde and Jim Yeisley on the game's final play.

NOTES: It was a rough outing for NU center Jim Oliver. In addition to the two bad snaps, he was flagged for being downfield illegally on Nebraska's final offensive play. ... The teams logged identical totals of first downs (12) and total yards (272). ... Oregon's only lost fumble was on a punt return. NU recovered at the Oregon 28 but soon fumbled it right back to the Ducks at the 15. ... Oregon averaged 5.8 yards per rush vs. the Huskers' 2.8.

EUGENE REGISTER-GUARD
LINCOLN JOURNAL STAR: 1, 2
OMAHA WORLD-HERALD
ASSOCIATED PRESS

• Applause 1

On 8/21/2024 at 1:53 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Oregon's opening game, at Nebraska in 1953 was the National Game of the Week on NBC.

So, what you’re saying is, it’s been a little while?

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2024 at 8:53 AM, Jon Joseph said:

at Nebraska in 1953

Remember it well.  Good thing I was still in diapers otherwise the floor may have gotten messy.

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2024 at 7:55 PM, Steven A said:

Remember it well.  Good thing I was still in diapers otherwise the floor may have gotten messy.

I was 6. Toilet trained since I turned 5 and a half. 😁

I was 9 and probably off fishing at the Seacliff wharf in Santa Cruz county. The only college football I watched in those days were the four big New Years Day Bowl Games--Orange, Sugar, Cotton and Rose Bowls. The old man was always perturbed because the Sugar and Cotton Bowls were on at the same time. As there were no remotes in those days, He'd drive us crazy sitting on the floor spinning the channel selector back and forth to monitor both games.

Sometimes, we'd miss half the Orange Bowl because the Rose Bowl parade was running at the same time and Mom simply had to watch that one! But she did enjoy football and would root like a trooper for whatever Pacific Coast team was facing off against the Evil Empire in the Rose Bowl. She had grown up in the Midwest but absolutely hated the Ohio State Buckeyes. So I was indoctrinated early against the Big-10.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/21/2024 at 7:25 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

Mom simply had to watch that one

My wife was a big fan too. She grew up in So Cal (too much smog probably injured her brain, hence she married me) and was a big fan of the parade until 2010 when we went to it, froze our butts off and almost burst a bladder for lack of facilities. Much better to watch on TV.

Back in the day, the Orange bowl half time was show of the day.

• Haha 2