FishDuck Article

Ducks Brief: Oregon Picked to Win CFP; Lanning Builds Elite ’26 Class

Like a majority of college football teams, the Oregon Ducks didn’t play this weekend, leaving a gaping void inside the green and yellow hearts eagerly awaiting the start of another exciting college football season. While there are so many things to look forward to starting next week, including a new stud quarterback (Dillon Gabriel), a new conference (Big Ten), and ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Like a majority of college football teams, the Oregon Ducks didn’t play this weekend, leaving a gaping void inside the green and yellow hearts...
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thank you Jordan!  I loved your very tasty article.  I had to look up the definition of amuse-bouches.

It's great to see Rolls Royce looking good and competing.  The same with Anthony Brown (another victim of the mari no O offense). I had forgotten how he was the QB that beat the Ohio State University in the shoe.

• Thumbs Up 2

Week 0 for college football unveils that a lot of FSU fans paid thousands to travel to Dublin to end up crying in a properly poured glass of Guinness.  

Anticipation for our season is running high. Duck fans finally get a chance to see if Dillon Gabriel is the real deal, and if our defense is as good as advertised. 

Idaho is not a great measuring stick, but it is a chance for us to see how well our talent plays as a team. 

Go Ducks!!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/25/2024 at 8:38 AM, Drake said:

Idaho is not a great measuring stick, but it is a chance for us to see how well our talent plays as a team. 

Yes, but Boise State next week WILL be a much better measuring stick. 

This week work out the kinks and see what you truly have, at game speed, on both sides of the ball.

Much better to start the season with than say....Georgia?!

Can't frickin wait for our season to begin!

🦆🏈🪨's

• Thumbs Up 2

So sweet to have Jordan writing again for the football season!  He is the epitome of our writers...who do it for the love of writing.  He is a Managing Editor for a small newspaper in SoCal, and has a family with two small kids.

And he writes for FishDuck?  David Marsh is in a similar spot, and both these guys are FishDuck Heroes!

Recruiting on Fire FP.jpg

• Great post! 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/25/2024 at 8:52 AM, MicroBurst61 said:

Much better to start the season with than say....Georgia?!

I'd argue that we don't need the FCS schools to start the season. 

But signing up for a match against a power 4 powerhouse is also probably not a wise decision. Certainly not anymore being in the B1G. 

But I will say that that Georgia game, and massive loss, was important to building the program. It showed everyone inside the program that they need to work to get there and what holes they had on the roster. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/25/2024 at 1:41 PM, David Marsh said:

I'd argue that we don't need the FCS schools to start the season. 

But signing up for a match against a power 4 powerhouse is also probably not a wise decision. Certainly not anymore being in the B1G. 

But I will say that that Georgia game, and massive loss, was important to building the program. It showed everyone inside the program that they need to work to get there and what holes they had on the roster. 

I imagine Seminoles fans would have preferred playing Georgia Southern in Tallahassee over being Ramblin' Wrecked in Dublin. 

SC vs LSU, Texas at Michigan, Bama at Wisconsin are great for CFB fans and the networks but play these teams in the Playoffs.  You get the same revenue cut whether you play Texas or Rice.

At OK ST in the 2nd game next season is a reach. Fortunately, it's not this season with the Cowboys returning close to everyone on O including RB Ollie Gordon. Stillwater is a tough place to win a football game. Ask Dillon G. Are games vs B12 teams worth the candle? Win and it's ho-hum. Lose and you have used a Playoff mulligan. 

Play the brand-name opponents in the Playoffs. As long as the B1G allows it, play an FCS team in the opener. Danno will be bringing transfers to Eugene every season. Work out the kinks. (Right, FSU?) Play a mid-level G5 team and a P4 team that is not a conference champ threat. You want to have at least 7 home games every season and 8 if possible.

At Utah State in 2028 must disappear. Michigan does not play at E. Michigan and Ohio State does not play at Ohio U. 

• Thumbs Up 1