Duckley Palace

Oregon a Nineteen Point Favorite

WWW.WINSIPEDIA.COM

Winsipedia - Database and infographics of Boise State Broncos vs. Oregon Ducks football series history and all-time...

Seems like Oregon is a -19.5 point spread right now. Seems a little high to me, especially after last week. If I was a betting man I'd say Oregon isn't covering.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The Ducks host the Broncos on Saturday is a late-night showdown between two CFP hopefuls

Edited by Duckley Palace

I posted earlier this week, with Eeyore sitting right next to me, that 19.5 was too much. Did you see the games that Oregon and Boise St. just played? Well, by the time it came down to picking a score for the game, I shoed Eeyore aside, and without hesitation, predicted Oregon 46-27. It's all about that .5.

Edited by 30Duck
  • Applause 1

Similarly, despite my Eeyore take on the team I think we win by more than 20. The reasons are kind of simple. If Georgia Southern can put up 45 we can put up even more. And defensively I think we can have one of the best run defenses in the country.

Strange as it seems, I think covering the spread will come down to our defense' ability to contain the run at the edges, because BSU will see from the tape there isn't anything to be had up the middle, but If they bounce it outside against the secondary run support they can get some serious chunk yardage.

I think that's also why the screen plays were effective. Finding ways to get around our DL will be the name of the game.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

COVER ME!

• Applause 1

Just finished College Game Day. Oregon vs Boise State was not even covered. Really?

On 9/7/2024 at 9:05 AM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Just finished College Game Day. Oregon vs Boise State was not even covered. Really?

Early on, Herbie, who along with Desmond, picked Oregon to win the Championship, said that the worry about Oregon was an Overreaction but Saban did take Boise State as his Underdog of the week.

Edited by 30Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/7/2024 at 10:26 AM, Solar said:

Similarly, despite my Eeyore take on the team I think we win by more than 20. The reasons are kind of simple. If Georgia Southern can put up 45 we can put up even more. And defensively I think we can have one of the best run defenses in the country.

It appears that Oregon matches up very well against Boise State and it could be a good "get well" game.  Boise State's defense has major issues and their offense is one dimensional, although the running back is a stud and will get his yards.  This is not the Peterson/Harsin's Boise State teams.  

The team still has to show up angry, play clean and execute.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Let’s hope! 1

On 9/7/2024 at 9:05 AM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Just finished College Game Day

Thanks, I can now just hit delete instead of spraining my fast forward finger.

On 9/7/2024 at 9:45 AM, OregonDucks said:

The team still has to show up angry, play clean and execute.

^^THIS^^

Hasn't happened yet this year, not the spring game and certainly not against UofI. I'm not writing off the Ducks just yet, but from what I've seen so far we have a VERY long way to go. 

Go Ducks!

On 9/7/2024 at 9:00 AM, Jon Joseph said:

COVER ME!

I hope you're right Jon. Could use a nice evening walk while the Ducks have their second string in.