Charles Fischer

Boo-Hoo: Talent Loss for Beavis Was Significant....

I will give credit to SonofaDuck on another site who did some digging and came up with the following...

Returning Talent for Beavis

--In total, on Offense they lost 9 of their top 10 by snap count, and 18 of the top 22. They retain No. 4, 11, 12, and 19.

--In total, on Defense they lost 12 of their top 13 by snap count. They retain No. 4, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20.

--They have nobody who effectively caught the ball last year, or played in the front 7 on defense. For anybody.

giphy.gif

C'mon Oregon...play up to your talent!

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Whew! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/11/2024 at 2:54 PM, Charles Fischer said:

C'mon Oregon...play up to your talent!

Or, at the very least, not down to theirs.

Actually, I'm hoping we don't have the athletes "to match" theirs!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

This is why it's reasonable to attribute their great play to the size of the fight in the dog rather than the size of the dog in the fight. It's dangerous for us.

They did pick up some decent talent in the portal.

I know I'm not in the majority here, but I really wish the Ducks and Beavers were still in the same conference with rivalry games.

The caustic comments about the Beavers here--and I'm sure similar comments about the Ducks are on a Beaver Forum--are exactly what makes college football the best.

I did not go to college at either UO or OSU (grew up in Oregon), so I rooted for both until they played each other. And I recall being nervous every time because I wanted the Ducks to win so badly, but knew it would likely be a close game (excluding most of the Chip Kelly era).

I attended college at BYU, and the game . . . THE GAME . . . we all cared about was BYU vs Utah. Not sure there's a more bitter rivalry due to the rivalry's religiosity, haha. I could not be happier that BYU and Utah are now back in the same conference.

Sorry this is not a Duck highlight, but this is what college football is all about, IMO. I can remember where I was and who was in the apartment (which we probably destroyed with all our jumping up and down) when I watched the ending to this game:

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Idaho > Idaho St and by a lot.

BSU > SD St and by even more.

Rankings

UO

BSU

Idaho

OSU

SD St

Idaho St

This should be a blow out whether the Ducks get their O line figured out or not.

If OBD brings its B game against Beavis, they will crush Halloween Island dreams! If they continue to play the C-/D game then Beavis will have the last laugh!

I would love to see their A game from UCLA to the end of the season!

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember people who started life with an A, never had to struggle, and often ended up worse than most. Programs like sc, the dawgs are programs that use to start the season with an A kept it until it all fell apart. I hope we don't become the program who relishes preseason rankings and then flounders from all the acculades, like so  many programs do.

I think it actually might be great Oregon is stuggling. It is taking up back to our roots where we often started worse than we ended. This, of course, was if we didn't suffer to many critical injuries. 

Life is a struggle, not a position one just has. I hope Oregon realizes this fact, and embraces the struggle they are in and forgets about that ranking they started with. They need to go back when they earned a high ranking at the end of the year. I hope that continues tomorrow with better play, effort and outcomes. 

I hope the Ducks show themselves and the fans they are building something special as they thump the beavers. At least show continued improvement as they move along this very long season ahead!

636573238169156732-Extratrerrestrial-Highway-XX-Hughes-11.jpg.webp

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1