Annie

Vote for Shout!

If you scroll down after you vote, you can vote for best fans as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 1

Up against some pretty cool college football traditions:

* Army/Navy game

* ND's "Play Like a Champion" Sign

* Ohio Script / Dotting the "I"

* Wisconsin's Jump Around

* VT's Enter Sandman

Surprised that USC's Traveler isn't on the list.

We won't win, and really we shouldn't since Shout! is very young in terms of being a tradition, though I do think it's a very good tradition that doesn't feel as forced as some of the other "traditions" that have Oregon have tried to create. 

The biggest being that kind of stupid idea of the posts that have the score on them that are dotted around the back of the north side of the stadium.  I remember when they did those they talked about having students take the posts after each win and placing it in the ground, just seemed so forced to me.  

Shout! on the other hand is fun, engaging, and most of all makes sense when it comes to the history of the school.  Sucks that we didn't win that national title game when it was going to air as a Nike commercial if we we won, would have been an all-time video, still is for us as fans though.

I'm partial to the ones that occur at the beginning of games when the energy can hardly be contained:

- Penn State White Out pregame

- VT playing Metallica pregame

- ** I thought Wisconsin's "Jump Around" was pregame, but apparently it's similar to Oregon's between 3rd / 4th quarters, but I still like the song choice better than "Shout".

I think the risk in having the tradition mid-game is that the energy level could be dependent on how well the game is going.

For example, from my perspective watching TV, it didn't look like there was much enthusiasm for "Shout" in the Idaho game . . . too many people in shock, LOL.

On the other hand, maybe it could be the spark to lead a comeback.

I'd like to see 10 Duck motorcycles revving as loud as possible come out of the tunnel with something from AC/DC blaring . . . Back in Black? Thunderstruck? Make the motorcycle noise and music deafening.

On 9/25/2024 at 12:43 PM, cartm25 said:

I'm partial to the ones that occur at the beginning of games when the energy can hardly be contained:

- Penn State White Out pregame

- VT playing Metallica pregame

- ** I thought Wisconsin's "Jump Around" was pregame, but apparently it's similar to Oregon's between 3rd / 4th quarters, but I still like the song choice better than "Shout".

I think the risk in having the tradition mid-game is that the energy level could be dependent on how well the game is going.

For example, from my perspective watching TV, it didn't look like there was much enthusiasm for "Shout" in the Idaho game . . . too many people in shock, LOL.

On the other hand, maybe it could be the spark to lead a comeback.

I'd like to see 10 Duck motorcycles revving as loud as possible come out of the tunnel with something from AC/DC blaring . . . Back in Black? Thunderstruck? Make the motorcycle noise and music deafening.

If AC/DC is the choice, then Hells Bells seems like a good choice?

• Thumbs Up 1

Jump Around is used by the Rats of Arizona. I can't stand the song since the Rats play it after anything positive. 

Top-10 College Football Traditions? Ranking Oregon Ducks’ ‘Shout’

Nearly every College Football program in the country has its own unique traditions that define its program, but which ones make up the top 10? The Oregon Ducks 'Shout Tradition' is one of the best. Can't forget the Colorado Buffaloes' "Ralphie Run" and the Oklahoma Sooners' "Sooner Schooner."

WWW.SI.COM

College football fans from around the country have a myriad of reasons to explain why they fell in love with the sport. Nearly every program in the country has

On 9/28/2024 at 5:29 PM, NJDuck said:

... Can't forget the Colorado Buffaloes' "Ralphie Run" and the Oklahoma Sooners' "Sooner Schooner."

01j8r14bsq8ejndta9vc.jpg...

I always wonder how the animals feel about it all.