The Kamikaze Kid

UO Up to No. 2 in Both Polls

Stupidest ranking ever. 

Texas’ best win is against unranked OK. But they’re in the SEC, so they’re “obviously” #1.

While we have wins over #5 and #13.

• Thumbs Up 1

Texas has looked better but Oregon has by far the best win of any team in college football this season.

• Applause 1

On 10/13/2024 at 10:51 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

Stupidest ranking ever. 

Hilarious even. 

It was against SUC, but Penn. State didn't look like a No.3 to me. Dynamic offense? No. Dominating D? No. 

PSU & OSU both have Byes next week. The B1G game? No.5 Georgia @ No.1 Texas. 

Edited by 30Duck

We also have a win over #15 Boise State.

It seems to me that there are just three top tier teams at the moment. Oregon, Texas and tOSU. Georgia and Alabama have both looked vulnerable and Penn State was lucky to get out of Los Angeles with a win.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought it would be a little closer between #1 and #2 as well.

My overall thought ended up being that since Texas is playing Georgia next week, the voters felt no strong reason to move them since a win, they stay #1, and a loss, they drop.

I'm not totally sure I agree with the argument; but, I suppose I see the thought process (and it leaves you with a #1 versus #5 matchup to highlight next week, which obviously ESPN and the SEC will be able to promote).

Only one team in all of College Football ranked higher than us!  Pretty damn awesome, if you ask me!  I’ll take it!

• Go Ducks! 1

No. 6 is way too high for Miami Hurricanes

I don't care that the Miami Hurricanes were on a bye. This team may be 6-0, but we may have crowned the Canes a bit too premature as the team to beat in the ACC. It may be because we want something shiny, new and exciting to entertain us. The problem with that is I firmly believe Clemson is emerging as the real team to beat in the ACC. They got blown out vs. Georgia, but are now destroying teams.

Miami's last two wins came by the narrowest of margins over rival Virginia Tech three weeks ago and very late into the night two weeks ago vs. Cal. The Mario Cristobal of it all concerns me deeply. He will shamelessly rip defeat away from the jaws of victory. I don't know when their first regular-season loss is coming, but it is indeed on the horizon. I would keep a close eye on both Duke and Georgia Tech...

If Miami runs the gauntlet, then they deserve to be a top four seed. I just feel they are untested now.

On 10/13/2024 at 11:34 AM, 30Duck said:

Hilarious even. 

It was against SUC, but Penn. State didn't look like a No.3 to me. Dynamic offense? No. Dominating D? No. 

PSU & OSU both have Byes next week. The B1G game? No.5 Georgia @ No.1 Texas. 

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Georgia beats Texas and they just swap places in the polls? I mean why not, right? It just means more to the SEC.😞

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2024 at 4:10 PM, Solar said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Georgia beats Texas and they just swap places in the polls? I mean why not, right? It just means more to the SEC.😞

You know, I'm going to believe, until that happens, that if our pals in Geogia beat Texas, and the Ducks take care of Purdue, 7-0 Oregon will be No.1.

On 10/13/2024 at 4:14 PM, 30Duck said:

You know, I'm going to believe, until that happens, that if our pals in Geogia beat Texas, and the Ducks take care of Purdue, 7-0 Oregon will be No.1.

What should we call us cross over fans of UO and Georgia? 

UGA Ducklings?

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/13/2024 at 4:56 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

What should we call us cross over fans of UO and Georgia? 

UGA Ducklings?

Dawgucks?

• Haha 1