Steven A

Oregon Loses Four-star Wide Receiver Commit

Four-star wide receiver Nicholas Anderson tripped out to Oklahoma this past weekend for a visit and ended up flipping his verbal commitment. per https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-Football-Recruiting-174345822/

Ok by me as:  1) It doesn't appear to be a position of need; 2) Wasn't due to the Duck product on the field, a brother on the other team and the other team a top program also.

Agreed.  Oregon has some hot WRs prospects yet undecided, including one in Oregon.

Mr. FishDuck

Oklahoma boosters help boost a kid's interest in Norman, OK. Plus, he is headed for the SEC!

In the last week UCLA received 'commitments' from a 5* WR and 4* QB. Has Chip awakened?

Replace Anderson with a 3* guy out of the portal who has played CFB?

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/1/2021 at 1:07 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Has Chip awakened?

Right now UCLA's football future is better than USC's and Bruins basketball is in the top 5

It's interesting that Nicholas Anderson is flipping now because Darrius Clemons has mentioned that he wants to do a 2nd visit to Eugene very soon.  I don't think this is coincidence.  

• Thumbs Up 1

The wide receiver room at Oregon is loaded. He would of had to sit for a couple years. Why not sit in the sunshine. Also closer to home.

His brother plays for OU according to the article. I’m sure that was a factor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dr. Jack. The '77 Blazers were a joy to watch, and even better in 78 before injuries derailed the dynasty that was coming. Dr. Jack's Blazers were playing a style of basketball that no other team could copy, much less defend. 

image.jpeg.14197f2b479a073a63dd7fb0afd33f3c.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

No biggie, as others have stated, we are loaded at the wr position.

The recruit we really need to land is Cyrus Moss.  He would be a great replacement for Mr. T edge rushing.

I believe Moss was at the Colorado game on an official visit, I sure hope it went well!!

Not a big deal considering all the factors.  Only concern, do we lose any of the current commits?  The pass game is not so exciting right now, will the young QB's have better arms (accuracy, really) for longer downfield plays than what we see now?  Sategna will bring that Jalen Waddle speed burner threat, and the kid that won the opening...wow.  Clemons would be a nice in-state get and that kid can ball out.  I think Moorhead can light it up if the QB can do it.  We're getting there, a lot of the yards were YAC against Colorado, which is on the athletes, even if the throws were only near the line of scrimmage when caught, and that works too I guess

On 11/1/2021 at 2:36 PM, Southwest Duck said:

No biggie, as others have stated, we are loaded at the wr position.

The recruit we really need to land is Cyrus Moss.  He would be a great replacement for Mr. T edge rushing.

I believe Moss was at the Colorado game on an official visit, I sure hope it went well!!

Yes, and when will we land a 5 star interior D lineman?  Is coach Joe a hindrance?  Do you have to live south of the Mason-Dixon line to get one of them?  [Tuoimaulo (sp?) excepted]

2 decommits and a transfer portal entry ..... should I be nervous?

On 11/1/2021 at 3:33 PM, Duck 68 said:

2 decommits and a transfer portal entry ..... should I be nervous?

I don't like it either, but I believe at Oregon--it will be usual conduct for the future.  We will have 4-Star guys who get beat out, are not playing and will leave.  Play the best players and recruit like heck to replace all who leave.

So many that leave were not going to play anyway, so I don't blame them.

As for decommits....in my view we snatch a bunch that have verballed to others, (like Washington) and it goes the other way too.  Oh well...

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/1/2021 at 5:24 PM, 30Duck said:

Dr. Jack. The '77 Blazers were a joy to watch, and even better in 78 before injuries derailed the dynasty that was coming. Dr. Jack's Blazers were playing a style of basketball that no other team could copy, much less defend. 

image.jpeg.14197f2b479a073a63dd7fb0afd33f3c.jpeg

Funny story. I live in the same neighborhood as Dave Twardzik in NC. He actually has a much nicer house on the lake. I haven’t brought myself to go and knock on his door and introduce myself as a fan, though. It’s just not my style. I’m sure I’ll run into him at the grocery store one of these days. It’s not a very big town.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2021 at 6:03 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Dave Twardzik

What a Team!

Portland Trail Blazers on Twitter: "Former Trail Blazer great Dave Twardzik  (#13) will join @blazerwheels as a special guest analyst today on  @RipCityRadio620!… https://t.co/pxp00UY5nT"

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2021 at 9:18 PM, 30Duck said:

What a Team!

Portland Trail Blazers on Twitter: "Former Trail Blazer great Dave Twardzik  (#13) will join @blazerwheels as a special guest analyst today on  @RipCityRadio620!… https://t.co/pxp00UY5nT"

All of those numbers are currently hanging in the rafters to include 77 for Dr. Jack.