30Duck

It's Must-Win For USC For the Rest of the Season

Mediocrity isn’t the standard at USC.

Period!

— Matt Leinart (@MattLeinartQB) October 12, 2024

Beg to differ, Matt.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

USC must run the table in their next five games and head into its Nov. 30 season finale against Notre Dame with an 8-3 record.

• Haha 2

Not gonna do it. The Schedule says they should. But they shouldn't be 3-3 now. I just don't see them galvanizing into a machine that reels off 5 wins in a row. They lucked out, missing Ohio State and Oregon. But Maryland, Rutgers @ Washington, Nebraska. I see two L's leading into the game against UCLA. 

On 10/15/2024 at 8:04 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Klatt has had a rough go this week with his opinions.  I have never really understood the argument Team X is Y number of plays away from being undefeated and a great team.  Great teams make plays when they really need them and average to below average teams do not.  That is the difference between being great and being average.  USC is 3-3 because they couldn't make the plays when they really needed them.  Therefore, by definition, they are average. 

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Applause 1

Riley, much like Mario, can blow it against anybody.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, I’m just three things away from being George Clooney, so USC is close, too. 

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Looking at USC's schedule I think Nebraska can beat them and Notre Dame.

I think Washington could beat them too since it is as Washington and the Huskies play better in the confines of their home stadium. I also think Jedd Fisch is a more well rounded coach than Lincoln Riley. Though I think this game is a toss up.

So that's 2-3 more losses right there.

Aww he thinks it can be salvaged.

They just lost two more starters from the D for the year, but I’m sure they’ll suddenly discover the clutch gene and run the table.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1