Charles Fischer

The Enemy of Your Employer: Oregon Football

Good gosh...are YOU getting anything done? 

I cannot believe how much time I am wasting posting, searching, reading and howling with Duck-Buddies on the phone.

This is terrible for productivity....

giphy.gif

But then...Oregon is No. 2 in the nation and we have

a chance to win the B1G, go 12-0 and have a shot

at the 'Natty!  So we gotta SAVOR this journey!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Absolutely right, Charles. Every time I go out in my Duck jacket and hat, I get, "Go Ducks!", today, there were a lot more people wearing Duck gear, and 3 of us were standing in the check out line at the store, just talking away, never met before!

Walking home, more "Go Ducks!"

It's been fun for a long time, but this time, it just feels different. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its almost surreal. Having this awesome defense and a great O line at the same time. Obviously the Ducks are known for their hi flyin ofense but to have it all at the same time is amazing.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/16/2024 at 4:58 PM, Charles Fischer said:

how much time I am wasting

The most blasphemous words I have ever heard.

• Haha 2

On 10/16/2024 at 9:01 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Its almost surreal. Having this awesome defense and a great O line at the same time. Obviously the Ducks are known for their hi flyin ofense but to have it all at the same time is amazing.

THIS will become real. But to seal the deal, Oregon has to play its way into and win a National Championship game. Even then, with 1 Natty, many the SEC and traditional B1G fans will call it a fluke. 

UGA. a deep South SEC team has always been a lowercase b, Brand. In the SEC, Coach Mark Richt took the (real) Dawgs to the upper crust, but not to the Elite status UGA resides in today. Coach Smart stumbled and bumbled for a while before hitting the CFB heights. Danno is 38 years old. But with experience well beyond his years.

Alexander the Great was somewhere around 30+ years of age and before he conquered the world, he was tutored by Aristotle. Not a bad mentor.

Dan worked his way toward winning by being taught on the way by Saint Nick and Coach Smart. He knows what it takes to win. And, he is backed up by a professionally managed, focused Division Street.

The surreal has an excellent chance of becoming The Real. It was a B1G step toward The Real on Saturday. Best yet, Dan stayed true to his Go For It principles. With the extra genius of knowing the rules; looping the hole genius that led to an in-season rule change.

As Charles pointed out in today's excellent take, win all of the bets Dan placed on the field and the game is an OBD laugher.

Between now and the B1G 12/7 champ game, Oregon has a shot at bringing a guy like Burch back on the field. Saturday night, it was all hands on deck for tOSU. No newbies will be added to the 'all-time' roster. 

The Future's So Bright - 😍!

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20241016_194438.jpg.f8b60d66332f0fa1f60e8351a8534a6c.jpgIt's still fire season, so my distractions are a bit limited, but my flight helmet keeps me on track 😁

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Agree. My boss is very unhappy with my productivity during this Duck football season.  And I’m my own boss!

• Haha 1

I may have spent a little time trolling THE Ohio States by calling them a bunch of soft-batched cookies for all of the whining I have seen on Twitter.

On 10/16/2024 at 6:01 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

And who was it that said, We couldnt have "nice things"?

😁