Charles Fischer

Whew! FishDuck Photographer Explains "Insane Autzen" on Saturday....

I say he is a FishDuck Photographer, but Craig Strobeck shoots primarily for USA Today and on the weeks that he does not--will shoot for FishDuck.com and you see his photos in our articles often. He has been shooting games for me since the beginning over 13 years ago, and we share a ton of stories together.

I was skeptical when a FishDuck editor told me that where she sat it "vibrated" at Autzen on Saturday because that area is not part of a structure, but is on solid concrete, which then sits on tons of dirt making the bowl of Autzen.  How could concrete vibrate?

Craig has been on the field shooting photos at crazy loud games before, like Michigan at home in 2003, (Before we got FieldTurf) and he told me this game was every bit as loud or worse.  He said that he used ear buds as ear plugs, but it had little impact.  He said that even today, Thursday, his ears are ringing still...

And he said, yes, the concrete was vibrating!

The legends of Autzen continue....

ABOUT - Willamette Sports Photos

• Wow 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

Below is an article I wrote about Craig "taking one for the team" a decade ago. 

The video is no longer available, but the short article tells the interesting story!

FISHDUCK.COM

It is fun to go down memory lane involving not only our beloved Ducks, but also members of the FishDuck.com team. In 2009 at Stanford–Oregon trailed as Jeremiah…

• Cool 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you Craig for so many fantastic photos! 

• Thumbs Up 1

His shots are really very, very good.

• Thanks 1