Darren Perkins

30 Years Ago Today: The Pick

..... in case it had not been mentioned already. 

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Man.  I am getting old. 😛

I was in the student section and saw the pick, but I never saw the return.  I got tackled and ended up under a pile of students.  

That season was insane. 

• Applause 1

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I was living in Seattle at the time and was watching the game in a bar. As the fuskies got closer to the goal line that place got pretty rowdy. Then all of a sudden it got very quiet.... except for one excited guy!

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2024 at 6:06 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

I was living in Seattle at the time and was watching the game in a bar.

Me and my aircraft carrier were stationed in Bremerton at the time and I was in Husky Stadium, resplendent in Duck gear watching the Ducks beat the Huskies, 34-10, in 1980. Reggie Ogburn a lot of fun to watch. 

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 10/22/2024 at 3:19 PM, GeotechDuck said:

Man.  I am getting old. 😛

I was in the student section and saw the pick, but I never saw the return.  I got tackled and ended up under a pile of students.  

That season was insane. 

Yup, i was in the student section, it was surreal, it was like i was lifted up in a sea of humanity. I ended up like 4 rows down and about ten seats to the right of where I was. When i landed i was in the middle of a bunch asian students and was hugging everybody left and right. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I was at the game, so did not hear the Jerry Allen call at the time. I do not remember what/if Essig said (or if anyone could have heard him, given all the crowd noise). Lovely memory. 🙂

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/22/2024 at 6:37 PM, 30Duck said:

Me and my aircraft carrier were stationed in Bremerton at the time and I was in Husky Stadium, resplendent in Duck gear watching the Ducks beat the Huskies, 34-10, in 1980. Reggie Ogburn a lot of fun to watch. 

Yes another great fuskie defeat 30. Listened with glee on the radio for that one. I think Steve Brown had his own pick six to complete the beatdown.

Man I loved Ogburn or as Don Essig used to say Re  ggie OOOOGBUUUURN!

On 10/22/2024 at 7:30 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Don Essig

I can't fit Essig on my Ducks Mt. Rushmore, (Ronnie Lee, Sabrina Ionescu, Pre, Marcus Mariota) but he is a Ducks legend. 

On 10/22/2024 at 6:37 PM, 30Duck said:

I wasn't there, but to this day I remember that win. That was a shocker. 

Edited by Desert Duck

I have a sneaking suspicion that this week's uni combo will be an ode to this anniversary.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1