Charles Fischer

Oh No! The Line Established for the Washington State Game is BAD

Mr. FishDuck

No sweat. Either a stifling performance from the Ducks D, or an Over/Under of 83.5

Not a good sign being favored by this much... This team seems to thrive on disrespect.....

Quick, somebody find someone dishing on the Ducks. 

Hang on to your hat this could be a barn burner this Saturday.

I 'get' the line. WE know WSU is a tough opponent. But nationally? This is a 'balance the book' line that I expect will come down before Saturday?

On 11/9/2021 at 12:28 PM, Jon Joseph said:

This is a 'balance the book' line that I expect will come down before Saturday?

At Vegas Insider, Oregon opened -16, current is -14.  This is interesting, considering their games last week, Ohio State opened -19 at home against Purdue, current is -20.

On 11/9/2021 at 4:06 PM, 30Duck said:

At Vegas Insider, Oregon opened -16, current is -14.  This is interesting, considering their games last week, Ohio State opened -19 at home against Purdue, current is -20.

I want to wait to place my bets until this evening's rankings. But I certainly have my eye on Purdue +20. In its last 27 red zone trips the OH ST O has managed 3 TDs. OH ST has blown out the junk teams but has struggled against every good team it has played.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

OH ST has blown out the junk teams

Exactly, Desmond said he needed to see Ohio State handle Nebraska like the Buckeyes had done to Akron, Maryland, Rutgers.  Didn't quite do that.

The defense is making some nice improvements and stopping some of the problems that have plagued us this year. 

I think making Jeffrey Bassa the starting linebacker was brilliant for a couple reasons... 1. He is smart and has taken to the position well and can attack down hill and take on runningbacks. 2. He is normally a safety which means he understands coverage better than some of the other linebackers. We need that coverage. 

The underneath coverage against Washington was pretty decent this last week. There were a couple drops due to the weather but those short passes would normally be the easy ones to catch and burn the Ducks with underneath the coverage. Maybe the Ducks are figuring out the defense? 

Also... just wait to see this Oregon offensive line and run game take on the Washington State defense. I have a feeling WSU's defensive front seven won't be as equal a match as they have been against the other teams they have played to date. Especially when his O-line is really starting to click. 

Am I being too confident? Probably... but I need to project it for myself or else I'll worry all week. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2021 at 3:08 PM, David Marsh said:

. just wait to see this Oregon offensive line and run game take on the Washington State defense.

Cougars currently 7th in the Pac-12 against the run.

I do not share everyone's optimism.  I see this as a close high-scoring game...

WSU 2015_Kevin Cline.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck