Steven A

Has Lake Coached His Last Game For Huskies

Jon Wilner seems to think so.

"The Hotline believes Lake has coached his final game for the Huskies and will be terminated before the suspension ends Sunday." 

BUMMER

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/11/11/pac-12-preview-utah-and-oregon-can-clinch-mckee-questionable-new-coordinators-debut-and-more/

As messy as firing Lake looks lke it could be, I think bringing him back after his suspension, which would not have happened if the Huskies were playing better, or if they had beaten Oregon, just won't work. Pardon the expression, but Lake is a Lame Duck,

On 11/11/2021 at 4:55 PM, 30Duck said:

Pardon the expression, but Lake is a Lame Duck,

Never want Lake to be any kind of Duck, especially lame.

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, Steven A said:

Never want Lake to be any kind of Duck, especially lame.

You are right, change it to, "Dead Man Walking"

• Haha 1

When you see the video of him plowing through, And I do mean PLOWING, the crowd of players, coaches and refs, It just looks bad.  How do you regain the trust of coaches, players, staff, fans and the public?  The stress of coaching, his own undoing, wow.

On 11/11/2021 at 5:25 PM, EzDucksIt said:

When you see the video of him plowing through, And I do mean PLOWING, the crowd of players, coaches and refs, It just looks bad.  How do you regain the trust of coaches, players, staff, fans and the public?  The stress of coaching, his own undoing, wow.

I don't think it was stress, he was just delusional, like the fans, that he was going to win the game and didn't want any more Coach Pete type cheap hits.

Hope I can make this work.  This screen shot shows you a better, longer view of why I posted above,  You may have to search by @tonyp_80 to view on twitter but it will show Lake crashing through players, staff and knocking the line judge off.

image.png.6cd5eed43a4666a6087082db0c0f50de.png

Edited by EzDucksIt

Im not just talking about how the player got Clipped boarded.  The players, staff, line judge was not even seen by the coach.  That is blind rage.  Supposed to be better than that, just sayn.

It is a get out of jail, Lake as Coach, free card. With what he did they can fire and be under no obligation. Consider him a dead man gone!

Agree Wilcox to a team which wants to win makes sense. The dawgs may think they are better than Wilcox, but that is just the delusional dawg speaking.

I think it's 50/50?

A very bad look not to give an African-American coach at least 2 years. Lost of circumstances involved but Lake had a very good 2020.

And Lake has fired his very unpopular OC, Donovan.  

If UW fires Lake I hope it is smart enough to also fire AD, Jen Cohen. Scott Woodward, current LSU AD, brought coach Pete to Seattle, not Cohen. Cohen's basketball and football hires have not been good.

As I noted earlier today, if UW does fire Lake I'd give Bronco Mendenhall a serious look. Although taking a guy from UVA could violate The Alliance handshake deal?

It’s a tad disappointing to think on actually. 

Wouldn’t it be nice to see a several year lackluster Lake team and the associated recruiting implosion?

A couple more years of Lake and watch a decade of mediocre husky teams?

I think they should keep him--seems like the perfect Fuskie to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2021 at 8:26 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I think they should keep him--seems like the perfect Fuskie to me.

Had me laughing, in a locker room kind of way.  A Civil War at home, just like our competition with the Huskies, Beavers (my wife went her freshman year and considers herself a semi-aquatic rodent)whom hates the ducks.  Yet my oldest sister by ten years, whom she loves dearly, and I have been fans since I was ten.  Falling in love with the under dogs, the David to Goliath's and eventually those Ducks that had success at the NFL level.  She has often been a guest of a season ticket holder to the ladies softball, basketball, track teams and football games.  Using her talents at photography during sporting events.  I on the other hand enjoy listening to radio and watching from afar.  I shut the TV off when they are behind.  Too much stress at times.

I yearn for competition, against the elites!  It feels so fulfilling to watch as our younger, less heralded players find the inner strength to RISE to the competition.  Make Oregon appear to be on the same level as, if not Higher than, the level as the perennial contenders, or blue bloods.  For when you beat the best, you become better than the Best, even if only for a moment.  Fuskie no mo.