latracey

Mario is given a one year contract extension

While some of Oregon's assistant coaches may be lured away in the off season, I'm guessing Mario is going to remain as Oregon's head coach as Mullins and company have sweetened his deal with a 4.5 million dollar 1 year contract extension.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's too bad JoMo's deal can't also be sweeter. I fear he will be gone for one of the available head coaching jobs after this season. The job he has done maximizing the potential of the players he has at his disposal is pretty impressive. He's definitely in an elite category of great football minds.

It begs the question: Who would you like to see Oregon go after if/when JoMo leaves?

Edited by latracey

We can all feel confident that multiple schools, including those with academic prowess, will be trying to raid the Duck coaching cookie jar.

It's inevitable. The end result of success.  Saban deals with this annually. MC has already experienced this 

My concern is a one year automatic extension is just a formality.  When and if MC and his staff 3-peat, he best end up being the highest paid coach in the P12.

Why?

Because other schools will have no qualms making him the highest paid coach in their league.

Let's sort that out after we have 5 more 1-0 seasons this year......

On 11/14/2021 at 11:07 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Because other schools will have no qualms making him the highest paid coach in their league.

That's true, A coach is worth whatever a school will pay him. I believe that Mario really likes it at Oregon, and wants to finish what he's started. But if the other schools offer $$$ to get him, I don't expect him to tell them, "Nah, I'm good" if he isn't even the highest paid coach in the Pac-12.

That's a good start but many schools may be looking at Mario? Florida for one can throw a lot more than $4.5M Mario's way. Is the buy out the same?

I have also heard a rumor that Cristobal may be moving his mom to Eugene. If that happens then we all know for sure he is here for the long haul. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/14/2021 at 2:30 PM, David Marsh said:

I have also heard a rumor that Cristobal may be moving his mom to Eugene. If that happens then we all know for sure he is here for the long haul. 

Mom's home cooking may well trump more bread coming in from outside Eugene?

So many HC dominoes to fall and after Florida's sorry effort yesterday UF could be one of the dominoes? 

ASU won at UW yesterday but is Herm's job safe? 

On 11/14/2021 at 11:45 AM, Jon Joseph said:

ASU won at UW yesterday but is Herm's job safe? 

No... but not when it comes to on-field results. The bigger question for Herm is the long, slow, and painful process of NCAA investigations into him and ASU about recruits on campus during the Covid Dead Period.

I want Mario to stay and when he looks at Chip and sees where slick is, the money might not be everything to the guy. When you chase money, you end up with money, but as long as your ultimate goal is within sight, why leave?

I tend to think he is a straight up guy and wants to bring a title to Oregon. Just my take, but you also don't want to disappoint Uncle Phil. I can't imagine slick is on the top of his call back list. When you talk about power brokers in the sports world, our benefactor is way up there.

5u5w83.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1