Charles Fischer

Playing Oregon State in Prime Time...

It looks like it is going to be on ESPN at 12:30 PST on Saturday November 27th, in a prime time slot to show the CFB world....

Time to put our rival away....

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

I am happy to see the Beavs turn things around with Coach Smith in charge.

I admired him as an undersized walk on who lead our rival OSU to a Fiesta Bowl beat down of the Irish and a #2 national ranking.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to confess, I have had doubts about the Ducks beating the Beavs since I watched the Beavs run the University of Spoiled Children into the ground.

I am not feeling any better now after watching what Utah (who lost to the Beavers) did to us last night.  The Ducks are going to have to shake off last night and play to their potential in order to win this next game,

• Thumbs Up 1

OSU is 1-4 away. I hope that means something.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/21/2021 at 3:29 PM, PittDuck said:

play to their potential in order to win this next game,

The Ducks will need a lot of Heart

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2021 at 3:44 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

OSU is 1-4 away. I hope that means something.

Nolan has played better in Reser and this has been a big part of the home wins.  The crowds at Colorado, Wazzu and Cal were not rabidly loud but he was inaccurate, indecisive and the play calling didnt maximize his strengths which are crossing routes, rolling out to buy time and/or getting first downs with his feet. I don't know what to expect from him in Autzen on Saturday. 

Honestly i wish the beavs were playing the #3 team because the level of inspiration would be sky high.  Instead, the ducks got embarrassed by Utah and will have that underdog mentality.  I think it's a close one because both teams want to run the ball first and usually that means lots of hairpulling, elbows and passive aggressive pile behavior with numerous small delays from refs trying to calm things down.  That leads to a lower score and not a lot of offensive rhythm.  Very typical Civil War. 

HERE WE GO!!! LET'S SHOW THEM WHO WE ARE!!!!! - Coach Quenneville | Meme  Generator

Well here we are again. I just hope when Mario tries to tell everyone this is the moment to show everyone who they are they remember they already did. We all know the 'Bamas and the Georgias won't be checking the interwebs to see how the ducks did against the beavs.  So what's left is hope for a prime time audience to finally learn what a CW actually is,  a very very old rivalry with twisted emotions and incestuous hatreds that only gives temporary and sometimes ugly satisfaction to one side and a year's worth of provincial bitterness to the other side.  And just as an aside an actual football games is sometimes played*

*Except for the '83 game, i still don't know what that was. 

On 11/21/2021 at 6:29 PM, PittDuck said:

I have to confess, I have had doubts about the Ducks beating the Beavs since I watched the Beavs run the University of Spoiled Children into the ground.

I am not feeling any better now after watching what Utah (who lost to the Beavers) did to us last night.  The Ducks are going to have to shake off last night and play to their potential in order to win this next game,

And the Beavs just throttled a good ASU O.

The Beavs will be coming in fired up. The Ducks now out of PO contention?

As you so noted Utah was run down and run over by the Beavs run game. However, the win at SC was the Beavs only win on the road this season.

Should be a very interesting game. Who wants it more? Oregon settling for a Rose Bowl chance or the Beavs going for their first Rose Bowl shot in many the year?

A classic Civil War this Saturday. Go Ducks!

On 11/21/2021 at 9:38 PM, Jon Joseph said:

or the Beavs going for their first Rose Bowl shot in many the year?

That will depend on the Apple Cup on Friday. If the Cougs win, the Beavs are out.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing I am curious - so if Beavs and Cougs both win this Saturday, 3 teams will be 6-3 in the North and they all chain-beat each other up.   So who will have the tie-breaker?  Wouldn't the team with the best overall record, i.e., Ducks, win out?

On 11/22/2021 at 12:29 PM, DuckFan93 said:

One thing I am curious - so if Beavs and Cougs both win this Saturday, 3 teams will be 6-3 in the North and they all chain-beat each other up.   So who will have the tie-breaker?  Wouldn't the team with the best overall record, i.e., Ducks, win out?

Already been discussed in other threads.  Cougs win the north in your scenario.  If Washington and Beavers win....Beavers win the north.  Ducks beat the Beavers and we win the north no matter what happens in the Apple Cup.

Mr. FishDuck