Grandpa Duck

If You Have Doubts . . .

. . . about the direction of Oregon football, watch Mario's interview below.  It is what he is.

And, if something happens, like a player leaves with no explanation, think about this quote from the interview:

"We're systematic, from a cultural standpoint as well.  When you come here to Oregon you have to do things our way."

And this you know, but he said it again: "Our place here is truly dedicated to the trenches, on both sides of the ball."  I can see this guy in a recruit's living room telling the lineman about his experience coaching guys like him, and the number of graduates from the lines that Oregon has put into the NFL.  And, I can see him telling a QB recruit that they are going to be protected by those linemen.  The RB's hear about the holes that will be opened for them.

The interview is 27 minutes and well worth your time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the post. That's why I like him the trenches are where you win games

Thanks Grandpa Duck!  I had to search to find it, but we’ll worth the time to listen!

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 9:18 PM, Grandpa Duck said:

. . . about the direction of Oregon football, watch Mario's interview below.  It is what he is.

And, if something happens, like a player leaves with no explanation, think about this quote from the interview:

"We're systematic, from a cultural standpoint as well.  When you come here to Oregon you have to do things our way."

And this you know, but he said it again: "Our place here is truly dedicated to the trenches, on both sides of the ball."  I can see this guy in a recruit's living room telling the lineman about his experience coaching guys like him, and the number of graduates from the lines that Oregon has put into the NFL.  And, I can see him telling a QB recruit that they are going to be protected by those linemen.  The RB's hear about the holes that will be opened for them.

The interview is 27 minutes and well worth your time.

It sure was

Man, if I was a parent, that dude could sell me ice cubes 

Thanks for the post. I have no doubt regarding Mario as a human being a a salesman but I have significant doubts about his ability to take Oregon to the Final 4.