30Duck

Oregon Taught Avalos a lot

It will be interesting to watch Avalos from afar as head coach. “Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.” I do wish him success. However, I want the Ducks to boot stomp BSU when we play them again.

• Like 1

Knowing how to recruit highly touted talent is important. Boise State has always been very good at identifying and developing under appreciated kids. He better not take his eye off what has made BSU successful up to this point. 

I too wish him well going forward, except for those games against our Ducks!

A great guy moving up in the world. Congratulation, and wish him the best. 

High Five Great Job GIF by Dogtopia

It certainly would seem possible AA might one day appear on Oregon's radar again if MC ever departs and AA continues to rise in the profession.

I'd imagine Mario's not going anywhere, but if he continues an upward trend, there are just a handful of college jobs someone (at the top of the profession) will tend to always at least listen to.

As others have mentioned, one of the advantages of a larger coaching tree is (hopefully) a good candidate base of guys who you might have an inside edge upon.

AA has learned from the Master. How long will it take him to beat the Master?

I enjoyed and appreciated Avalos' time at Oregon. I enjoyed his pressers and appreciated the way he supported his players through the ups and downs of college football and life. Good luck to Coach Avalos and his family as they return to Boise.