FishDuck Article

Oregon Football: Most Memorable Moments in Ducks History

Going down memory lane with the Ducks undoubtedly brings about tons of mixed feelings. Many exciting things have happened since the beginning of their football journey in the modern era, and to pick eight highlights has been challenging. This is a team with a lot of history and stories behind them. From their rough beginnings filled with losses and unmemorable ...

Read the full article here...

• Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

I would add to the importance of Joey Harrington's career and 2000 season.

The Heisman Campaign, although unsuccessful, put Oregon's Football Program on the map. This led to uniforms and even the intermission 'Shout' tradition where Autzen is the greatest place to watch football in all college football.

That era was also the start of the Oregon Football Facilities becoming as asset rather than a liability with the building of the Moshofsky Center.

The Heisman campaign showed players Oregon was the real deal. You could come to Oregon and have a chance at a Heisman, and win one. The whole Oregon flash began during this period, and extremely important part of Oregon's success. Don't forget the LA billboard, announcing the Oregon invasion!

Also the building of the Moshofsky Center started the arms race in facilities, which Oregon has led since and never stopped.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Oregon-billboard-e1572530389754-1024x685.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

All of these were very fond memories!  "Thanks for the memories" as Bob Hope would sing.

Wasn't the "throwback to the quarterback" to Joey Harrington in the Holiday Bow!?  Great play - great leader of the Ducks!  I'll always remember Captain Comeback.

One of my favorite Duck QB's Dan Fouts.  From the skinny kid in handball class to the upset against UCLA to the San Diego Chargers - what a great QB!

Hate to be negative but the non block by the black mamba that would have put MM in the end zone against Stanford. We ended up not scoring on that drive and lost the game. 

That one was was hard for me to swallow.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/26/2021 at 7:39 AM, Just Ducky said:

It is true that you remember the bad more intensely than the bad, and the non-block is my top memory of DAT. The game that always pops up first in my memory is Oct.30, 2010, when the Stormtroopers took over the Coliseum. Oregon ran for 311 yards and beat USC 53-32

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Good memories 30 duck

• Like 1

My personal ones (rough chronological order)

1) THE PICK - watched the highlight from Guantanomo Bay, Cuba. Introduced a young Midwesterner to Oregon, attended the ASU game that year when we came back, and enrolled at UofO winter 1996.

2) 1996 - 2001 seasons - Ducks increased their win totals every year culminating in a 12-1 record in 2001, Fiesta Bowl victory, and getting screwed over by the BCS.

3) ABSOLUTE DOMINATION OF THE FUSKIES - unprecedented run, crushing them by a double digit average. Fuskies finished 0-12 in 2008.

4) Chip Kelley taking over as HC, and taking over. 3 conference championships, national title game appearance, and a Rose Bowl win. Amazing 

5) Marcus Mariota wins the Heisman - great player, better person. Oregon is now a destination for great players.

6) Just continuing to be a top Pac-12 contender EVERY year. They really haven't been out of the race (since 2008) except 2016 and 2017. Sustaining that level has been really awesome and provides hope for whatever these wacky times throw at us.

Go Ducks  

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 9:42 AM, shawnski said:

Sustaining that level has been really awesome and provides hope for whatever these wacky times throw at us.

You are so right with this, and makes the 2016 "70" by the Huskies even more of a sign of where they are as a program. Oregon, and now USC has the hype going, is the Brand, when it comes to the Pac-2. 

• Like 1

Thank you OR.

DAT - "Can't catch him!"

On 12/26/2021 at 7:39 AM, Just Ducky said:

Hate to be negative but the non block by the black mamba that would have put MM in the end zone against Stanford. We ended up not scoring on that drive and lost the game. 

Just Ducky

I don't think you're being negative. That non block was just one of a few plays or games that kept us out of the 2 or 4 team playoffs over the years.

The ride has been magical since the pick. Filled with many ups and then those devastating losses. Part of the ride that comes with the amazing memories.

The Black Mamba was lightning in a bottle. He just didn't execute on that play. Cost us big time. IMHO it didn't diminish his greatest accomplishment. He proved that 5 star athletes can come to Oregon.

As I read the article I too thought of those few missed plays, injuries and losses that kept us from a potential Natty. 

Just reminds us of how narrow the path is for Oregon. The margin of error is minute...........

Unlike for Bama.........

On 12/26/2021 at 10:38 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Thank you OR.

DAT - "Can't catch him!"

Can’t catch him.

1 correction.  It seems everybody remembers Dennis Dixon got hurt in the Arizona game.  That is not how it happened.  Dennis Dixon got hurt in the 4th quarter the game before against ASU.  Dennis didn't finish the 1st series in the 4th and Brady Leaf had to finish the game.

Oregon-ASU

Oregon's What If 2007 Season