Charles Fischer

No Guarantee that Chip Kelly Returns to UCLA for 2022

You know, he never did nine wins with the Bruins....Mora-or-less.

Report: No Guarantee Chip Kelly Returns to UCLA by Zach Barnett of Football Scoop

UCLA Athletics News and Notes: 3/30/20 - Bruins Nation

Mr. FishDuck

Who are they going to get, Lanning sewed up all the good assistants.

Just another coach, and probably the one who best epitomizes, the arrogance Oregon Head coaches have had when they leave the program.

Oregon Head coaches look to their dream jobs, while the job they had was the best one they could have ever dreamt of. We just keep moving onward and forward.

It is amazing to see the coach Lanning is and the assistants he is putting together. Oregon is, again, landing firmly on their feet, while the program gets stronger.

5zpv5n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I’m not sure what it is about 8-4 that the Bruins admin doesn’t get.  Sans a miracle finish by Fresno the record would be 9-3 with two of the losses from the top two teams in the league.  The Bruins have momentum going into the offseason evidenced by a recruiting class currently ranked fourth in the league.  Chip is a year away from a roster built with his players.  My bet is at minimum he’s granted a 2 year extension at some point this month.  Apart from such his hands would be tied and don’t be surprised if he decides to make the exit.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/1/2022 at 10:49 AM, Orebcker said:

I’m not sure what it is about 8-4 that the Bruins admin doesn’t get.

Agree completely, USC is charged up; Chip has built a football foundation at a basketball school. UCLA should be offering Chip an extension.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4