FishDuck Article

Oregon Fans Bid Farewell to a Class Act Mustache

There’s a catchphrase I’ll miss more than any other slogan in recent memory: “Fill the Sleeves.” Of the flurry of departures from the Oregon Ducks football program over the past month, saying goodbye to strength and conditioning coach Aaron Feld had the biggest impact on me. The ever-enthusiastic mustachioed strongman was a constant source of positivity on the sidelines. I ...

Read the full article here...

• Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Jordan thanks again for taking the time to create an article. After reading the article twice I came away with mixed emotions. Sending out a thank you note was a nice gesture. Very classy. Since a few of the rats jumped ship, even before there was a fire, it was nice to see a coach stay to the end. Wish him well.

I was never comfortable with the high amount of injuries the players suffered. Not sure if this happened as part of the conditiong training or HC's violent and very physical practices. I wasn't at practice to eye witness that. But multiple players talked about live scrimmages that were just as physical as the games.

If I remember correctly there were season ending injuries as a result of hard contact in practice.

It might just be me but there were games that the players looked tired. No energy. Their talent and will to win saved the day. Utah looked fresh and energized as the season progressed, the Ducks not so much.

Now before this forum gets after me, Sewell and a few others seemed to bring it every play. The mental and emotional side is equally important as strength and conditioning are. Injuries forced young freshmen to play before they had a chance to grow and develop their man body. That's where the S & C coach's program is critical. To me, something just wasn't right. It could be my imagination, too.

I appreciate Coach Felds energy and sideline enthusiasm. Without a doubt he was all in. Looking forward to the next S &C coach. Hoping he can prepare the players both mentally and physically every year for 15 or more games. No Natty in the trophy room without it.

• Thanks 1

Agree, in the imperfect world they worked in, these coaches stayed with the program, and led the team to a very resilient effort against Oklahoma. The years they gave to Oregon should be appreciated and lauded.

Best of luck to all the assistants, and onward, forward, upward for the Oregon Football Program.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you Jordan, for a classy article as we all do wish him well.  If a coach is NOT being retained by a new HC, then I do hope he gets hired immediately and with Mario is fine with me.

Aaron Feld_Craig Strobeck.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Personally, I thought it was an embarrassing freak show. 

I'm getting a little tired of these coach's farewell addresses and player transfer announcements that all sound like they're written by the same PR firm.

You want to leave?  Just go. 

Edited by geoquack

the injuries are a problem. it just seems like we should have this figured out by now.