Charles Fischer

Oregon Could Have BEST ILB Pairing in College Football?

A nice suggestion about Oregon in the article and it could happen, because as fast as Sewell is, I think Flowe is a touch faster.  Both blitzing?  Whew! 

Interesting facts about Utah in this article that will turn heads-wow.  There is some outstanding coaching going on there...

Biggest Strength for Teams in 2022 Way-Too-Early College Football Top 25 from ESPN

Justin Flowe.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

But Flowe has to be ready to go? I hope he can stay healthy through 2022.  Kid has a world of talent. (Still hard to fathom that the Ducks won at Ohio State last season without Flowe and without KT?)

It will be very interesting to compare this early ranking with ESPN's Bill Connally's SP+. I think there will be significant differences. For example in the SP+ 2021 final rankings, BYU finished at 47.

IMO - Over Rated: 4. A+M, 5. Michigan, 6. Notre Dame, 8. NC ST, 10. Michigan State, 13 Houston, 14. Wake Forest.

Under Rated - 9. OK ST, 11. Clemson, 16. Baylor, 17. Oklahoma [Is ESPN ticked off with the B12?]

Astounding numbers regarding Utah's roster. If Utah can win its opening game in The Swamp, 7. may well be be too low for the Utes. I like that the Utah AD has Florida playing a return game in Salt Lake City in 2023. Also, in 2022 Mississippi State is playing the 1st in a H+H series at Arizona. SEC schools unwilling to trip west to play other than in LA is a tired and baseless argument. BTW: How did WAZZU pull off a home and home with Wisconsin?

I am SOOO anxious to see Justin Flowe get healthy and onto the field. I also hope to see a big jump in Keith Brown's performance next year with a winter of conditioning under his belt.

Has there been any information about his rehab?

On 1/27/2022 at 11:58 AM, Duck 1972 said:

Has there been any information about his rehab?

I know as much as Sgt. Schultz because Oregon does not report anything on injuries.  

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/27/2022 at 2:42 PM, Jon Joseph said:

It will be very interesting to compare this early ranking with ESPN's Bill Connally's SP+. I think there will be significant differences. For example in the SP+ 2021 final rankings, BYU finished at 47.

Under Rated - 9. OK ST, 11. Clemson, 16. Baylor, 17. Oklahoma [Is ESPN ticked off with the B12?]

ESPN has pretty much been ticked off with anyone not in the SEC for a while now. So yes.

And don't sell Wake Forest short. They are doing a lot of things right on the football side of things in identifying potential talent and developing it. They don't get many 4 or 5 * guys, but they put up a lot of point with those no and 3* guys. I was actually hoping Oregon would give a look at Warren Ruggiero, their OC. If he could do what he did with the level of talent at Wake Forest, what could he do with the talent at Oregon?

I'm happy with our OC though.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/27/2022 at 3:24 PM, OhioDuck said:

ESPN has pretty much been ticked off with anyone not in the SEC for a while now. So yes.

And don't sell Wake Forest short. They are doing a lot of things right on the football side of things in identifying potential talent and developing it. They don't get many 4 or 5 * guys, but they put up a lot of point with those no and 3* guys. I was actually hoping Oregon would give a look at Warren Ruggiero, their OC. If he could do what he did with the level of talent at Wake Forest, what could he do with the talent at Oregon?

I'm happy with our OC though.

I don't disagree that Wake with its QB returning should be good in 2022. But I expect Clemson to rebound. I can never remember the divisions in the ACC but Pitt and NC St should also have good teams. Perhaps ESPN is upset with the ACC for vetoing playoff expansion?

CFB needs the expanded PO $. UCLA finished 2021 $62.5M in the red!

On 1/27/2022 at 1:03 PM, Jon Joseph said:

But I expect Clemson to rebound.

This is where you want to be as a program. Clemson is perceived as needing to "rebound" because they didn't make the Invitational; finished 10-3. Oregon's 10-4 team was in Invitational contention longer than was Clemson last season.

Oregon fans didn't really think Oregon was ever the 3rd best team in the country. Clemson's offense was in trouble from the start, got better at the end of the season. It will be interesting to see how Clemson and Oregon do in 2022.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think DGU may well be replaced as the Clemson starting QB? The Clemson D was great last season and should be again even with a new DC. That was close to an all new OL for Clemson last season and 4 of the 5 straters will be back.

On 1/27/2022 at 11:50 AM, WiseKwacker said:

I am SOOO anxious to see Justin Flowe get healthy and onto the field. I also hope to see a big jump in Keith Brown's performance next year with a winter of conditioning under his belt.

I can't wait and can hopefully think Justin will be able to show off his skillset all next season. If he can play the way he's allowed if healthy then watch out. Your talking 15 tackles a game from this guy. TFL's will probably be more than Kayvon's. This kid has RL skills for the next level. He's a once every 10 year type of MLB and that's middle line backer not major league baseball. Flowe could play outside as well. Actually instead of just those two what about whoever plays the outside spots. Funa if he can stay healthy should have a huge Senior season. This should be the top LB unit all together in the Nation next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

In Flowes only game he put on an impressive display of tackling for sure. The linebacker Corp at Oregon is the best potential of any we’ve had.

They will if both players stay healthy but will they?  Flowe's the bigger concern in that regard.  That's the long and short of it.