30Duck

Michigan Might Need a New Coach Soon

I could see him staying at Michigan or going back to the pros... if he leaves though I think Oregon starts winning some more recruiting battles in the NW. Forget Washington, it seems like it is Oregon v Michigan in a whole lot of battles for NW talent. If he goes... Oregon has a very good shot at Cornerly the No.1 prospect out of Washington as it seems like it might be an Oregon v Michigan battle down the stretch.

What can the Vikings offer that the Raiders didn't offer, other than not having to reside in Las Vegas? Vegas is fine if you have the $ to get out once in a while and unlike Minnesota, there is no state income tax. What more can he do at Michigan? He defeated an Ohio State that by its standards played bad D all season long.  Michigan then romped in the B1G champ game. Then, he met playoff reality when Georgia slapped him in the face. That was a very, very good Michigan team. At Michigan he will never have the talent to compete against the SEC champion and the SEC runner-up. 

My guess is that Jim wants to prove he can coach in the big leagues like his brother.   What has he learned since his last NFL stint that will make him a better coach this time I wonder?

Harbaugh has a good history building and the leaving college programs. His history at the NFL isn't as good. He left the 49ers because he didn't have control and was faltering. I would think if he had more control at the NFL he might return. The question is which NFL team would give him control and has the foundation he feels comfortable building from?

Jim has left 2 pretty good college jobs, I don't see why he wouldn't leave his third. He left the NFL with a bad taste in his mouth. I could see him going back to clean that up and going after another challenge after that. In this day, and age I could then see him going to the NFL then back to the college game later.

Harbaugh is the poster boy for a coach who has little loyalty, but is always up for the next challenge. Jim is the definition of the high functioning ADHD person in our society. We live in a time where people don't stay with their spouse, job, or really kids as reliably as in the past. There is more of a loyalty to the next shiny thing.  If he leaves his alma mater that will be, sadly, even more true.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:44 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

My guess is that Jim wants to prove he can coach in the big leagues like his brother.   What has he learned since his last NFL stint that will make him a better coach this time I wonder?

He had a very good record in San Francisco and played his bro in a Super Bowl game that bro won.  He was a very good NFL coach before he wore out his welcome. Turned Kapernick into a darn good NFL QB.

College is a completely different beast to the NFL just with recruiting. I can see Harbaugh wanting to go back to the NFL just to get away from the recruiting madness and the NIL stuff. Granted the NFL has its own problems. 

More years of suffering as a Viking fan...

NFL: Minnesota Vikings- Helmet Logo' Posters | AllPosters.com

Mr. FishDuck

Not sure about the suffering? Guy had a very good record when he was  the HC of the 49ers. A heck of a lot better record than did the Chipper. FYI, UCLA last season did not defeat a team that finished with a winning record.