Badwater

Badwater Here: Preview of 2022 Oregon Softball

Greetings Fellow Ducks -

I am a long time Ducks fan and have written about Duck sports over the years. My passion is with women's sports; men's sports gets plenty of attention - and they don't need me - but the Ducks enjoy a loyal fanbase with the women's sports. That's what I tap in to.

I am currently a writer for Addicted To Quack and I focus on the women's teams. Charles has extended a kind invitation to me to share our content in this forum, so I will periodically be posting links that concern our beloved ladies Ducks.

Softball season is upon us! Feel free to read my preview of the 2022 Oregon softball season here: Oregon Ducks 2022 Softball Preview by Badwater of ATQ

I welcome all feedback that you have to share about our beloved Ducks.

GO DUCKS!

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Welcome, and thanks for posting.

Awesome! Welcome to the forums and appreciate the focus on women's sports, I also share the opinion that they don't get enough attention.

I look forward the season, the new players and reading your articles BlackwaterWELCOME!

When I look at the Softball Schedule, I am dismayed at all the games that have no television or even live-streaming.  Listening to the game?  What is this...1965?

Anyway, good intro article by Blackwater about the Women, and if you get ESPN+  you have more options for viewing.

Mr. FishDuck

I've become a ladies softball devotee.  I got a call a few years ago from Jim Bartko (ex-assistant AD for the Ducks) asking me to attend the ladies softball tournament in Cathedral City, Ca., and cheer for the ladies Ducks.  I thought he was nuts and told him so, but I did what he asked, and I have to say I was immediately hooked.  A couple of years ago the tournament drew over 50,000.  

This year the tournament (called the Mary Nutter) will start on February 24, Ducks play there 1st game at 10:00AM against Northwestern on Friday 25th, then Missouri at 12:30PM on the 25th, Seattle U at 5:00PM on the 26th, Cal.St. Fullerton 7:30PM on the 26th, and on Sunday 27th Long Beach St. 11:30PM.  I hope to attend at least 3 of the games.

Would not be surprised to see the tournament draw over 50K.  They have 5 fields, one stadium is a replica of Fenway Park, another one Yankee Stadium and another Wrigley field.  The other 2 are nothing special.  If you don't get there early you may not fine a seat.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:32 PM, mrspenney said:

I've become a ladies softball devotee.  I got a call a few years ago from Jim Bartko (ex-assistant AD for the Ducks) asking me to attend the ladies softball tournament in Cathedral City, Ca., and cheer for the ladies Ducks.  I thought he was nuts and told him so, but I did what he asked, and I have to say I was immediately hooked.  A couple of years ago the tournament drew over 50,000.  

This year the tournament (called the Mary Nutter) will start on February 24, Ducks play there 1st game at 10:00AM against Northwestern on Friday 25th, then Missouri at 12:30PM on the 25th, Seattle U at 5:00PM on the 26th, Cal.St. Fullerton 7:30PM on the 26th, and on Sunday 27th Long Beach St. 11:30PM.  I hope to attend at least 3 of the games.

Would not be surprised to see the tournament draw over 50K.  They have 5 fields, one stadium is a replica of Fenway Park, another one Yankee Stadium and another Wrigley field.  The other 2 are nothing special.  If you don't get there early you may not fine a seat.

Totally appreciate the anecdote. When WBB wraps up, I will be focusing on softball and lacrosse, and so I will link whatever it is that I'm diving in to.