Log Haulin

SI... The Rise of Oregon Football

Thanks for posting LH!  I am thinking we are gonna see some exciting Duck offense next year, punctuated by a lock down defense!

Go Ducks!

SI's Ruebenking said, "the time is now for Dan Lanning to get the Ducks over the hump and take their spot among the nation's elite."

We are ready. Let's go Ducks!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Dynasty?" I love the author's enthusiasm but ...?

Perhaps a 'dynasty' in the Pac-12; this I can see. But nationally? Top 10 Heisman finishers 2018 - 2021 - SEC - 13; B1G - 10; B12 - 6; ACC - 5; G5 - 4; Pac-12 1 - Gardiner Minshew.  0 - number of Pac-12 players on offense expected to go in the first round of the 2022 NFL draft. 0 - Pac-12 QBs invited to the NFL Combine.

Again, I love the post and the positive thinking but if a dynasty is to be born in Eugene it likely will not begin before 2023, if then. Nix is a very good QB but I think Dan Lanning would tell us in all honesty that 2022 with games OOC 'at' UGA and versus BYU and 5 road games is not conducive to making this season's final 4. Maybe in 2023 when at Texas Tech replaces 'at' UGA? 

Michigan and Cincinnati were both darn good football teams in 2021. Georgia and Alabama smothered these 2, like Ohio State smothered Oregon in the 1st playoff champ game. 84 SEC guys have been invited to the 2022 NFL combine; more than twice the number invited from the Pac-12. 

I have high expectations for Lanning and his staff but I believe some level of patience will be required and I hate to see unrealistic expectations placed on Lanning.

Making the Fiesta Bowl in 2021, or playing in another NY6 Bowl would be one heck of an accomplishment for the 2022 Ducks.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Oregon is so close to already being a dynasty. '07, Dixon stays upright. Auburn? That close. What if Stanford and Nelson don't have the drops against thee ohio state? Maddening! Next year might be a bit early to clear away space for the championship trophy, but maybe not?

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a ton of talent on this current team. A coaching staff that is capable of developing and using that talent effectively. A progr'm and fan base that is excited and hungry. 

With a little luck, a few bounces of the ball and Ducks could very well make it into the CFP. Get in the playoff and anything could happen.

Optimistic for sure. But hey, I am a fan. I will let the sensible heads balance the forum. They are better equipped. Me? I am a fanatic and well equipped to be so 🤪😜🤪

• Thumbs Up 3

On 2/12/2022 at 1:01 PM, Log Haulin said:

There is a ton of talent on this current team. A coaching staff that is capable of developing and using that talent effectively. A progr'm and fan base that is excited and hungry. 

With a little luck, a few bounces of the ball and Ducks could very well make it into the CFP. Get in the playoff and anything could happen.

Optimistic for sure. But hey, I am a fan. I will let the sensible heads balance the forum. They are better equipped. Me? I am a fanatic and well equipped to be so 🤪😜🤪

And as you know LH, Fan is short for FANATIC! All I am saying. is give Dan a chance.

• Thumbs Up 1