30Duck

MBB: USC 70 Oregon 69

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope our guards show up against the Trojans. We need them to play much better than they did against The Bruins. Our only savior in that game is UCLA shot the ball badly most of the game. Oregon’s D played well thank god.

Not only is tonight's game a must-win, I think the whole season (whether we make the tournament or not) comes down to this ONE game.  The UCLA win on Thursday has resulted in our NET ranking climbing back up to a not great but at least respectable 58.  Tonight's USC game is the only game left that has a chance of affecting the NET rankings in any material way.  As I predicted before the first USC win in Los Angeles, I think USC is overrated.  The only guys that concern me are Peterson and Ellis.  But Ellis may not even play due to injury.  It will be a close game, but if the fans show up again (and why the heck wouldn't you go to such a game?), it should be a solid win tonight.

I still believe in Will as our big stud.  He's been much maligned lately but give the man a chance - he is our leader and we'll go as far as he takes us.  Obviously, we'll need solid contributions from our bigs (but catch the damn ball and hit some free throws down the stretch).  Ultimately, in Dana we trust!

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone notice the frustration on Dana’s face the last 7 minutes of that game. I thought he was going to have an aneurism.

On 2/26/2022 at 11:33 AM, Graziani93 said:

Not only is tonight's game a must-win, I think the whole season (whether we make the tournament or not) comes down to this ONE game.  The UCLA win on Thursday has resulted in our NET ranking climbing back up to a not great but at least respectable 58.  Tonight's USC game is the only game left that has a chance of affecting the NET rankings in any material way.  As I predicted before the first USC win in Los Angeles, I think USC is overrated.  The only guys that concern me are Peterson and Ellis.  But Ellis may not even play due to injury.  It will be a close game, but if the fans show up again (and why the heck wouldn't you go to such a game?), it should be a solid win tonight.

I still believe in Will as our big stud.  He's been much maligned lately but give the man a chance - he is our leader and we'll go as far as he takes us.  Obviously, we'll need solid contributions from our bigs (but catch the damn ball and hit some free throws down the stretch).  Ultimately, in Dana we trust!

Agree, our basketball team is overrated, and very inconsistent.  The double overtime in Corvallis Thursday night wont help us tonight either.  Vegas has the ducks at -4.  I think Ducks will cover.  Could easily be a blowout if USC plays like they did against the Beavs. 

Mobley has to sit.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:35 PM, DuckIt said:

Mobley has to sit.

Unfortunately, Petersen is still playing.

I'm telling you, Franck is going to kill somebody before it's all done.  Been saying that all season, just hope it's not friendly-fire.

Harmon giving the Ducks a much needed boost.

On 2/26/2022 at 5:42 PM, 30Duck said:

Ducks have no answer for his height.  Gotta put a body on that slim Jim.

Edited by DuckIt

Good push to regain the lead.  The D was more impressive than the offense.

Oregon up at half by 1, Oregon needs this one more than does USC, Oregon has its Senior Day after the game, and usually wins. 

Ducks shooting 2 for 14 from beyond the arc............................stop hucking up the treys!

Put Frank the Tank back in.  Dante is a step too slow

Edited by DuckIt

Why didn't Richardson fight over that soft screen?  Instead he let Peterson have another open, mid-range shot.

I was just thinking Dana should put Eric Williams defending Peterson, and he did!

Edited by ICamel
  • Thumbs Up 2

Big 3 by Young

Nice shot, dumb foul.

Richardson can't get anything to drop today.

On 2/26/2022 at 9:01 PM, DuckIt said:

dumb foul.

Definitely.

Harmon has been the go-to-guy in the month of February.

• Thumbs Up 1

Richardson looks like he's been 10 rounds in a boxing match.

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2022 at 7:08 PM, Badwater said:

Richardson looks like he's been 10 rounds in a boxing match.

He has been playing like it too.

Need the D, Ducks!

Well, now they need offense. 

No baskets by Richardson, very disappointing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't get the D or the O.

Anyone else sick of the stupid weave at the top of the key that we do for the first 10 - 15 seconds of each possession?  It does nothing but tire out our guards and then we rush into a bad shot.  I don't see the point of it - just go into the offense already.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/26/2022 at 7:22 PM, Graziani93 said:

Anyone else sick of the stupid weave at the top of the key that we do for the first 10 - 15 seconds of each possession?  It does nothing but tire out our guards and then we rush into a bad shot.  I don't see the point of it - just go into the offense already.

Yeah, I’ve hated that patented Altman weave for years. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Was it a mistake not having a Big in for the closing minutes?

• Thumbs Up 1

I was thinking that too, especially with 4 seconds left, down by 1.  A quick entry to Dante or even Franck could have been an option.  Then again, either probably would have fumbled the ball, or if fortunate enough to be fouled, missed the free throws.  Most likely would have been the same ending anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

The simple fact is when you’re number one scorer isn’t scoring you usually loose. Our bigs were not in foul trouble and Are not in the game when you need rebounding especially when SC was crashing the boards at the end is on Dana.

SIGH!

Watched just a bit of the post game press availability.  Altman looked and sounded like he wants this year to be over.  I know I'm ready, this team is just not enjoyable to watch.  How to they allow a guy shooting over 50% for the game to casually dribble the ball up court and shoot a wide game winner?

On 2/26/2022 at 9:29 PM, DuckIt said:

Yeah, I’ve hated that patented Altman weave for years. 

Our 3 guards were wearing themselves out at the end of the game running that damn thing when they were already tired. USCs guard were getting a rest when it was going on. Confusing to say the least. I guess Altman’s strategy was to use some clock. I Guess🤔