30Duck

"Would You Like Some Cash With Your Fries?"

And yet, did Tennessee get any value in return? Are they on top of the SEC? Are they out recruiting the rest?

From 30Duck's linked article "Would they really be doing this if Pruitt hadn’t also underperformed on the field?"

The answer is found with Sean Miller & University of Arizona basketball!

Now how much of a punishment does Tenn get?

I've also heard some rumblings out of Georgia of some recruiting improprieties there ... though improprieties can be anything from McDonald's bags of cash to giving someone's dad a toothbrush. Worth paying attention too...

LSU self reported as was good enough to not play in a bowl game this year... that will probably be enough to satisfy the NCAA.

But if it's a Pac-12 team that team gets the book thrown at them...

The joke of the day is that this is why the SEC recruits better than the Pac-12, a fast food bag has room for more cash than a coffee cup. 

Everyone in major college football offers extra incentives. Not to every recruit, but to some. Including Oregon. It’s just a matter of how brazen they are, and it sounds like Tennessee broke the unwritten rules. The question now is whether the university decided to use this as a reason to cut ties with Jeremy Pruitt or if the rumor of Georgia getting fed up and dropping the dime is true. Maybe it’s a little bit of both.

If anyone is curious about a well known case, the recruitment of Albert Means in 1999 is a fascinating look behind the curtain. It led to Alabama receiving a two year bowl ban, five years of probation, and a loss of 21 scholarships. Half of the SEC was involved, and Tennessee’s Phil Fulmer was the one who helped provide evidence. There were criminal consequences, which means public records. An interesting read:  No Virgins in this Whorehouse

The unwritten rule in the SEC is "Don't get caught". 

Good thing we have the NCAA on top of it!

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

3 hours ago, RatherBe said:

Everyone in major college football offers extra incentives.

"Extra" meaning "against NCAA rules"????  That's a statement no one can definitively say.

Are all humans generally prone to being tempted to cheat?? Absolutely!

Does it mean that everyone in football WILL cheat if he thinks he can avoid detection???

I'm not willing to go there. Just because everyone is tempted doesn't mean that you cannot trust anyone.

About 40 years ago I read an article on morality on the university campus. The article started out with this line that I have never forgotten: At UCLA, students are taught that people are basically good, but they have electronic detectors in the library to keep people from stealing books; 30 miles away, at Biola University, students are taught that man is basically evil, but they have no electronic detectors in the library.

34 minutes ago, Jon Sousa said:

The article started out with this line that I have never forgotten: At UCLA, students are taught that people are basically good, but they have electronic detectors in the library to keep people from stealing books; 30 miles away, at Biola University, students are taught that man is basically evil, but they have no electronic detectors in the library.

Powerful Jon, and I'm in the Biola camp regarding Mankind...

Mr. FishDuck

No.6 Tennessee Men's basketball just lost, 75-49 to unranked Florida. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

Powerful Jon, and I'm in the Biola camp regarding Mankind...

That's why we have to have rules at FishDuck. :classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

14 hours ago, BigDucksFan said:

The unwritten rule in the SEC is "Don't get caught". 

That's rule #2.  Rule #1 is  "make sure your bag is the biggest and has a large red A on the side."