30Duck

There's Bad and then There's Oregon State Bad

CRASH! BAM + BOOM! That's not the kind of record you want; my golf game can relate.

• Haha 2

Apparently, the Beavs are more of a football school!  😉

• Haha 3

This does show the stark difference between the two programs, and Beaver Nation and Oregon fans. First, I don't see a Ducks basketball team ever losing 24 games in a season, this is a bad season at Oregon. Even with that happening at OS, I don't think Coach Tinkle's seat is even warm. 

On 2/28/2022 at 1:52 PM, 30Duck said:

I don't think Coach Tinkle's seat is even warm.

Beavs can't afford his buyout, on top of the $153 million debacle for renovating Reser to a smaller seating capacity.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/28/2022 at 2:03 PM, ICamel said:

Beavs can't afford his buyout, on top of the $153 million debacle for renovating Reser to a smaller seating capacity.

True, and bottom line. But even if the finances weren't an issue, I believe that a struggling, and this team is beyond that, is regarded at OS differently than it would be at Oregon. 

I believe it's hurt the Ducks. By not having to face a potent team are other teams able to prepare more for the Ducks?

On 2/28/2022 at 2:29 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I believe it's hurt the Ducks. By not having to face a potent team are other teams able to prepare more for the Ducks?

It did take USC 2 OT to beat the Beavers before playing the Ducks.

Yeah and then the Bruins blew them away 2 days later.

Isn't little brother a baseball school?

Last night in a make up game played in Corvallis before the Ducks and Beavers head to Washington and WSU to end the regular season, the Beavers led the Cougars for most of the game, up 11 at halftime, led by 5 with 4:21 left in the 2nd half, but ultimately lost in OT, 103-97.

• Haha 1