30Duck

Blount Calls Out Chip

It all worked out and Blount was a lucky man in the end. One would think he would be grateful, not hateful, too bad. Tough love is seldom appreciated, but often warranted.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed Haywarduck, because if Scott Frost did not have the strength to pull him back from attacking the crowd, Blount may very well have ended up in jail, and not the NFL!

And I do not blame Chip for feeling the way he did, because at that time did not want Blount to return to the team or even fly home on the same airplane! Over on another pay site, I was pummeled with over 50 different insults for posting that opinion a dozen years ago. 

Blount should count his blessings that it turned out as good as it did considering what he did, and what he wanted to do.

Chip had more forgiveness in his soul at that moment than I did! I did not want to see Oregon football represented nationally by that image of Blount…

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I don't find this all too surprising... I find that with so many things from the Kelly era it is that support staff that was the glue that enabled Kelly's Xs and Os genius to actually work. Sure there were some players close to Kelly but Kelly has never been a player's coach. Even UCLA players have complained Kelly is cold and distant. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Having had some dealings with Kelly over the years pertaining to Oregon and Duck events, I will tell you he is an egotistical A---H---.  One of my close friends was past president of the UCLA alumni association, very involved with the UCLA AD, was thrilled when Kelly was hired, is now totally in the dumps that he will be back as coach next year.

• Like 1

Many may forget that Blount was provoked by in-your-face heckling from the BSU player he slugged.

Cartm25 you nailed the situation perfectly, especially to me, that The Punch brought about LMJ, and thanks very much for the highlight video!

• Thumbs Up 2