Duckdude

Good article About Flo Hartenstein and Son, and Smell of Mac Court!

LDN-L-LAKERS-CLIPPERS-0204-DC-16.jpg?w=6
WWW.DAILYNEWS.COM

With his father’s example and guidance, the Clippers’ backup center has fulfilled a lifelong pursuit and is making an impact.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks. I definitely remember the "smell of Mac Court!"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Well, you still have to provide an email address to read it, and I really don't want to be on their list.  If you can provide a summary--that would be great.  Thanks!

Mr. FishDuck

I couldn’t do it Justice, but…..I’ll try to hit the highlights:

Flo was born in Germany.  His American father left the family when Flo was 2.

Didn’t really say why, but Flo ended up on the basketball team at Thurston High in Springfield.

Ernie Kent, UO b-ball coach, came to see him play, and recruited him to UO.

FLO’s son, Isaiah……who is now with the Clippers, and in his 4th year in the NBA…..was born when Flo was a freshman at the U of O.  All Isaiah remembers of Mac Court is…….the smell!  A woman remembers seeing Isaiah on his Mom’s hip(“He was a Big Boy!”), inside Mac Court, and the kid was drooling “like Hootch of ‘Turner and Hootch’ “ at the smell of the popcorn and hot dogs!

The rest of the story is about Flo playing pro ball in Germany, and coaching Isaiah as he grew up.

isaiah and family decided to skip college ball(including interest from WSU’s Coach, Ernie Kent), and go straight to Euro Pro Ball.

Flo is now Isaiah’s personal chef, in support of Isaiah’s entrenchment in the NBA as a regular rotational player.

————-

Sorry I was unable to post a working link to the actual article.

Thanks!

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/8/2022 at 12:19 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Well, you still have to provide an email address to read it, and I really don't want to be on their list.  If you can provide a summary--that would be great.  Thanks!

That's odd. I didn't have to provide an email address to read it.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:40 AM, 30Duck said:

Thanks. I definitely remember the "smell of Mac Court!"

Maybe a cologne could be made of that smell, ok, maybe not. I would by the candle with that smell to help recreate some memories.

Ok, not really Mac court but sorta like the basement headed to the locker rooms......,

image.jpeg

• Haha 1