30Duck

KT Drops Like a Rock in Mock Draft

Todd McShade has just announced who will be named next season's NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year!

USATSI_17838068.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Kayvon Thibodeaux apparently didn’t impress enough at the NFL combine to keep his standing near the top of the draft, according...

I have a hard time seeing him dropping to 9.  I don't have facts, but I don't remember the last time a player that had been considered a top 2 overall draft pick for most of the entire prior season dropping that far.

McShay and Kiper doing what they do best, blow a lot of hot air.

• Thumbs Up 1

More Oregon Duck hate... just let KT get on a team with a decent defensive coordinator and turn him loose. 

KT at Oregon did need a decent supporting class around him to be successful. In his freshman year when Oregon had a strong secondary which allowed the pass rush to get home KT was able to wreck games. But in both 2020 and 2021 when the secondary at Oregon gave a massive cushion the pass rush struggled to get to the quarterback on a regular basis because there was always an outlet. 

Defensive player evaluations are difficult to get a real sense of each player because if all 11 players are doing their jobs at a high level then every player looks better. If there is a weak link then even the strongest players struggle to make an impact. 

KT disappeared in the games against Utah this last year because the other defensive linemen on Oregon's roster couldn't get enough push to put regular pressure on the quarterback which meant Utah really could put more blockers on KT. Also Utah regularly used 3 TEs against Oregon that really negated the Oregon pass rush. Then add that with Oregon's leaky secondary and that gets you a scenario where KT disappears from the game. 

I'm really looking forward to Lanning's defense this year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is great for KT, the further you drop, the better the team that drafts you (absent trades).

He may lose on the top end of his first contract, but you can only spend so many millions, or so I am told.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it would be a good place for him to land, if Seattle does pick him up. Join up with Ugo >.>

Smoke and mirrors. Draft deception.  No chance he makes it  that far down to the Seahawks.