Charles Fischer

GREAT NEWS for Oregon Recruiting....Right NOW!

The weather report for Eugene was 90% chance of rain both days this weekend, and cloudy the rest of the time. Friday was sunny and bright ... and this morning is the same!  At minimum--this helps the recruits see Oregon "in a better light."  Hopefully it will hold up through today's practice!

Autzen before 2108 Spring Game_Kevin Cline.jpg

Hours before the 2018 Spring Game...  (Eugene looks like this now!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Great news. Thanks Charles.

On 3/12/2022 at 1:16 PM, Jon Joseph said:

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Great news. Thanks Charles.

The pump don’t work ‘cause the vandals took the handle......

• Thumbs Up 1

On average, there are 152 sunny days per year in Seattle. Eugene averages 155 sunny days per year. 

image.jpeg.ce9e58e72839c2a7c7e81f509079f3ce.jpeg

In related news ... per 24/7 

#1 New head coach Dan Lanning was front and center for the workouts, encouraging the team with the help of new strength and conditioning coach Wilson Love and others. Love may not have the easily identifiable mustache of Aaron Feld, but he’s as loud and energetic on the field and the players seem to be receptive to his energy.

#2, and this is really kool: Several notable recruits took in practice led by 2023 five-star Matayo Uiagalelei

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/12/2022 at 1:01 PM, 30Duck said:

On average, there are 152 sunny days per year in Seattle. Eugene averages 155 sunny days per year. 

image.jpeg.ce9e58e72839c2a7c7e81f509079f3ce.jpeg

True, but you're in Seattle so it seems like 52 days in Seattle and 255 sunny days in Eugene.

Whoops!  The rain started at about 1:45 PM...

Mr. FishDuck

Guest Axel
On 3/12/2022 at 1:19 PM, Haywarduck said:

If this isn’t proof that statistics lie, what is? It’s common knowledge that Seattle hasn’t recorded 152 sunny days in all of its recorded history. The reason that Chief Seattle was so accommodating to the early settlers is that he couldn’t wait to get the hell out of town.

A more relevant statistic is that Seattle residents average 365 ¼ days of depression a year. This explains why you will never see a Seattleite smile and it’s why they perpetually hide their faces in Starbucks coffee cups.

The sunny paradise, as we all know, is Eugene. The sun rises in the east every day, without fail, whether the sky is gray and white, gray, dark gray, really dark gray, or gray with bits of blue showing.

Sunny dispositions abound everywhere on the Oregon campus, discouraging words are never heard, and why not? It never rains at Autzen Stadium, it has never rained at Autzen Stadium, and the world’s foremost expert on climate, Don Essig, assures us that it will never, ever rain at Autzen Stadium in the future.

And Axel lifts my day again with a smile...

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/12/2022 at 2:24 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Whoops!  The rain started at about 1:45 PM...

Guess they need to move into Autzen where .....

I went to the store when it was beautiful this morning so I left my window open a bit to let in some nice fresh air and I got some nice fresh rain on my seat.🙄