Charles Fischer

We've BEEN THERE Miami Fans!

I will not say that I "hope" that what is below will happen, because I KNOW it will happen.  Mario was emboldened to continue to do for the 'Canes what he did at Oregon with an Eight Million a year positive reinforcement; he absolutely will do all of it again because he is smarter than everyone else.  (Especially on offense)

Boy...I cannot believe how lucky we are as Oregon fans.  Great Dano-Days are ahead!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Amen. The U played the second half vs Kansas in the Elite 8 game yesterday as often did the Ducks football team under Mario.

Where did the O in Oregon go under Mario?

On 3/28/2022 at 9:56 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Good one!

Mr. FishDuck

No personal hatred here for Mario. I appreciate the good things he brought to the program during his time here, as I think the good far outweighed the bad. HOWEVER, it definitely stings to be jilted for a second time in just a few years. 

In the case of Taggart, the outrage was greater because of the unique circumstances of the hasty exit. The beauty of passing time, though, is that we can now see that we dodged a bullet in that exit. Now, there's a real possibility that, when you mention the name, Willie Taggart, to an acquaintance, the response is, "Who? Oh, THAT guy. Whatever happened to him?"

Maybe in a couple of years, we'll get a similar response when Cristobal's name crops up in a conversation.

I too, recognize all the good he did for us in recruiting and in national stature beginning to be restored in some areas.  The win in Columbus will be his crowning achievement rivaling even the Rose Bowl win, so yes--while it may not appear that way--I am grateful for what he did for us.

But he did diminish the national brand on offense, and actually got the fans booing....even when we were ahead!  (Think about that...it is hard to do!)

Based upon a number of factors...it is not a stretch that by the end of the fourth year--the same thing might be heard in the Orange Bowl.  Even "The Rock" might be doing it!  (Or giving his famous raised eyebrow at least)

And I predict that 'Cane fans will be worried about their star QB transferring out after the '22 season.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Second reply (don't know where the first went)

I am good friends with a big Ducks fan and we support  each other's  team. After the first Utah debacle this season past, I tried to bolster his sagging spirits by noting that ...if Mario is worth his salt as a coach, the staff will analyze this game, make adjustments, and the rematch in the Championship game should be better. Sad to say I was wrong and the rematch looked like a replay of the first. It looked to me as if the coaches' heads were elsewhere and that they had quit on their  team.

I am glad that my team's  coaches did not do that in its rematch with Alabama. My Dawgs were in a defense they hadn't used much all year and got hammered in the SEC Championship game. It is a bit of an oversimplification, but they adjusted by going back to the attacking defense that they had used  so  successfully all year and pretty much handled the Crimson Tide. The  good  news here for the Ducks is that Dan Lanning had  a lot to do with this adjustment, convincing  other coaches to revert to  what his  guys do best. 

• Thumbs Up 5

There is a good reason why sales and advertising people are not involved in business operations. Mario is the rare exception, and the results verify why you don’t mix the two departments.

• Haha 2

On 3/28/2022 at 1:49 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

I am good friends with a big Ducks fan and we support each other's  team.

Hey Nevada Dawg--great post, and I gave you a new Georgia helmet avatar to let everyone know that you are NOT a Husky, but a Bulldog.  I learned about the move back to what you are good at on defense for the 'Natty, and wrote an article about it recently.  Any further input you have about Coach Lanning, or anything, anytime is welcome here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/28/2022 at 9:56 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Back East they know, that is why they say O-regone.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, Steven A said:

Back East they know, that is why they say O-regone.

And now the Miami O will likely be MIA?

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 3:42 PM, Jon Joseph said:

MIA

Kinda DOA with Mari(no)o

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/28/2022 at 8:33 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Great Dano-Days are ahead!

I think we should all now refer to our former coach as Mari, since he doesn't use the O.

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 4:24 PM, Steven A said:

I think we should all now refer to our former coach as Mari, since he doesn't use the O.

This is where I need an emoji that has a man standing on a chair applauding...because THAT is epic!

I am going to use that...and credit Steven A!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck