30Duck

Lanning: Chase Cota is "Intelligent;" Is That Coach Speak for He's Not Going to Play a Lot?

There are also comments on other players, and new "perceptions" of Bo Nix.

Photo-Mar-29-12-34-15-PM.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Dan Lanning touched on expectations for early enrollees, and his early perception of the QB room after Tuesday’s practice.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Cota could become a reliable option to get open on 3rd and long...we need "go-to" guy in that regard and his experience would help.  Yet Kris Hutson struck me as that type of guy as well.

Pretty hard to discern the meaning, as Coach Lanning says that Nix is "Intentional," and I have no idea what that means.  A new word in "coachspeak" vocabulary to me!

Mr. FishDuck

My all time favorite Oregon WR, Jeff Maehl was certainly an intelligent player. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I read the quote and after the word "intelligent" DL said "you can see his experience. You can tell it means a little more to him". Ok I probably paraphrased a little bit.

Still that sounds good to me.

Edited by Duck 1972

On 3/29/2022 at 3:17 PM, 30Duck said:

"Probably the best hands in the country."

Awesome 

We just have to leave Dan Lanning and his coach speak.

Every coach has their own way of saying things and it just takes a while lot of listening to learn what they are and are not saying. 

Then of course there is the basic coach speak. Such as... "(Insert fcs school here) is a very good and well coached team with tremendous athletes" said by every fbs coach before, during and after blow out wins against dcs teams. 

I get that one is about sportsmanship... But it's coach speak 101. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/29/2022 at 5:17 PM, 30Duck said:

I have a hard time choosing a favorite, but Maehl is certainly in the running and without a doubt in the top 3...I think it's probably bc he maximized his talent and buttressed that with an unwavering work ethic.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Maehlman always delivered. One of my all time favs!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/29/2022 at 6:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

If Cota could become a reliable option to get open on 3rd and long...we need "go-to" guy in that regard and his experience would help.  Yet Kris Hutson struck me as that type of guy as well.

Pretty hard to discern the meaning, as Coach Lanning says that Nix is "Intentional," and I have no idea what that means.  A new word in "coachspeak" vocabulary to me!

Never cancel anything without being certain of your decision?

Sounds to me he knows where the ball will go ,maybe not so sure the receiver will be at the same place at the correct time--LOL

On 3/29/2022 at 3:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

At least he didn't say intentionality...

Edited by anyotherduck
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1