Charles Fischer

Good News! Jaylon Redd Returning for 2021 Season

Experience counts, and I would like to think this will help overall.  The article is right here, and what are your thoughts?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

I am extremely happy to hear this. Redd does bring experience and he has always been a very reliable player on the field. His leadership to a bunch of new receivers will be very important. 

Good news indeed!

I do hope Redd finds his next level. Honestly, he has has improved slightly since his freshman year but hadn't truly popped as a big time playmaker. 

When I first heard the news today I found myself reacting completely unexcited. It didn't strike me as something game changing for next season but just another potential player in the rotation. 

When Royce Freeman or Justin Herbert returned for their senior years I was excited for their return. I was excited to hear Lenoir return this year when he opted back in. 

I'm just not feeling it for Redd. He has some decent speed and speed that does require respect... Just ask the Huskies... But he hasn't been a game breaker and I really hope something happens in his development and he becomes a game breaker and doesn't just keep play time away from some of our younger players. 

Just now saw that Cyrus Habibi-Likio has entered the transfer portal, apparently to get more playing time.  He was never going to be the go to back, but he's been pretty useful for short yards.  We need another bigger back.

I like Redd and am glad he's coming back.  However I think he's been underutilized the last couple years, hopefully that changes next season.

Make my day Jaylon Redd, (again). 

giphy.gif

Out of the skill guys returning Jaylon Redd is the one I’m most glad to see. Johnny Johnson is a better WR, but he and Mycah Pittman are just slightly different versions of the same player who duplicate each other. I like CJ, but he’s like one of my best friends from college; love it when he’s there but tired of explaining to the class why he’s absent again. 

I was not a Jaylon Redd fan his sophomore year, so many drops and a strong gust of wind tended to tackle him. He’s really improved, and is that little speedy playmaker Oregon has a reputation for. Redd’s offensive stats are really similar to Charles Nelson’s. He’s also come up big for us, 3 TDs in the last two games against Washington including the 2019 game winner. 

5595BAFC-E181-4F21-A494-CC36652EE3A0.gif