Jon Joseph

CBS - Much Too Early 2022/23 College Basketball Top 25

As CBS notes, with the transfer portal in play the following is subject to significant change.

1.UCLA

2. UNC

3. Kentucky

4. Baylor

5. Houston

6. Arkansas

7. Gonzaga

8. Kansas

9. Duke

10. Tennessee

11. ARIZONA

12. Michigan

13. Auburn

14. Creighton

15. Villanova

16. TCU

17. Texas A+M

18. Michigan State

19. Indiana

20. Colorado State

21. USC

22. Alabama

23. Dayton

24. Purdue

25. Oklahoma State

NOTES - Dana Altman's old school Creighton is ranked, Oregon is not. Same 3 Pac-12 teams as made the tourney in 2021/22 are ranked. Little love for the ACC with only 2 teams, UNC and Duke, ranked. After back-to-back tourney meltdowns, the B1G is not getting much respect. On the other hand, the SEC, 7 ranked and the 'new B12,' 5 ranked, are in this ranking, looking good.

Emphasis on rosters today are not likely to look nearly the same as they will at the start of next season.

Hats off to Kansas for an all time comeback win. Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk!

Cheaters prosper, NC and KU in the finals.

And good ole mark emmert, huskies prowess emmertus, congratulating the Kansas City Jayhawks was priceless.

• Thumbs Up 1

In spite of a top #15 ranked incoming class, CBS seems to ignore that and DA's proven track record on coaching teams up. ESPN has the Ducks at #19 which seems about right and they thought that this past season was a bit of an outlier.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0404%2Fr995278_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Arkansas hasn't won a national title or reached a Final Four in 25-plus years. The Razorbacks are ESPN's early favorite to win the...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/5/2022 at 10:12 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

In spite of a top #15 ranked incoming class, CBS seems to ignore that and DA's proven track record on coaching teams up. ESPN has the Ducks at #19 which seems about right and they thought that this past season was a bit of an outlier.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0404%2Fr995278_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Arkansas hasn't won a national title or reached a Final Four in 25-plus years. The Razorbacks are ESPN's early favorite to win the...

Thanks. Great to have this information. Lots of polls as we know will be authored before the season starts. Who knows if UCLA's top 2 guys come back? Who knows what rosters will look like at the beginning of next season?

Altman has proved to be masterful in bringing in new guys and producing good to excellent results. I'll be surprised if Oregon does not finish in or close to the top 25 and is invited to next season's tournament.

Like the CBS poll I see a lot of love for the SEC, a conference that did not have a great tourney this season, in the ESPN poll.

A little NC humor....in the Jayhawk Locker room at halftime...

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I've been on and off the Gonzaga Bandwagon! They got blitzed by Baylor in the championship game last season, with a much better team than this season, which saw them get knocked out earlier than expected.  Gonzaga, it turns out is the Cincinnati last football season, of basketball.

The Zags play, and win the championship, of their conference every season, and win, and lose, big OOC games, and they always make it to the Sweet 16. But after that it's sour. So, I;m done with the Zigs. Go Ducks, who will be the dominant team in the Pacific Northwest. 

On 4/5/2022 at 1:26 PM, Charles Fischer said:

A little NC humor....in the Jayhawk Locker room at halftime...

The NCAA vs KU basketball is going to be a donnybrook. Self's new contract contains a clause that he cannot be fired for NCAA violations!

The NCAA has been investigating KU for 4 plus years. Something about justice delayed?

KU will take on the NCAA in federal court and Oregon will, again, have to chip in to help pay the NCAA's legal fees. (In the world we live in today one wonders if Tennessee will be sanctioned for its pre-NIL CFB pay for play cheating?)

The NCAA is a regulatory dinosaur that should be put out of its misery sooner rather than later.