Haywarduck

Ty Talk

Some good stuff,

Photo-Mar-12-2-48-43-PM.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Ty Thompson spoke with the media on Saturday, discussing the QB battle with Bo Nix and emphasizing how hard he’s worked to improve decision-making.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/5/2022 at 2:16 PM, Haywarduck said:

Some good stuff,

Among the very good stuff, He says he wasn't "frustrated" by last season, and that he's improved on "decision making." Both very good signs for the upcoming season.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bagged on Ducks Wire with the Dye article, but this one is superb with all the quotes.  Love what he said about his receivers, his gratitude toward Bo Nix, and...it sounds like this staff is making football fun again!

"It’s so much fun. I get so much joy out of doing it right. And, you know, putting in all the time that I do, and then it shows up on the field. It just makes me so happy. So I mean, that’s part of the reason I’m out here enjoying the sport. So much is because I’m really like obsessed with what I do.”

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Yeah, watched post practice interview the other day. If it wasn't this one, he said a lot of the same things. 

Very impressive young man! He was poised, smart and articulate. In my mind he oozed leadership. 

No matter who comes out of this QB competition ahead, I think we will have a terrific QB. 

On 4/6/2022 at 1:34 PM, OhioDuck said:

In my mind he oozed leadership. 

He "shouts" future head coach someday, at somewhere...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Sure seems to be a lot of talk about Ty lately. Butterfield is also a fascinating prospect. He is an honor roll student and seems to have a lot of Justin's traits to him. Butters just seems a little less mature, I suppose. Justin, sometimes came across that way with his lower burn rate, but he, like Butters, are intelligent guys with the tools.

I hope the game slows down for all these guys and they get a good shot at showing what they can do. Time will tell, but I am sure there will be lots of twists and turns along the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Check out the Duck Territory podcast, it has interviews from all three QB's.

• Thumbs Up 1