Coach Eric Boles

A Different View on O-Line Rotations

Like Coach Klemm states, there is nothing wrong with the rotation and swing positions that the previous staff favored, but I’m more on-board with Klemm’s strategy. 

An O-line with minimal rotation and players consistently in the same position is advantageous for all of the reasons Coach Klemm points out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Good stuff, and thanks for posting it Coach.

Mr. FishDuck

I remember writing and article last year saying the line rotations we saw last year was detrimental to the offensive production. I feel I link enough of my articles as it is so I won't link it. 

The offensive line under Cristobal and Mirabal really didn't seem to preform up to the standards we all expected. 

In a weird way the massive amount of rotation did pay off last year due to injuries and I'm not opposed to cross training but I feel cross training was way too heavily emphasized by the former staff. 

I want to have a line of maulers who all just get the job done and own the line of scrimmage. 

• Thumbs Up 4

OL is a ballet. Ballet dancers practice a given role to get in synch with one another.

Ballet dancers far longer than do CFB OL guys in the limited time allowed for practice.

• Like 1

I understood the rotation on the defensive line, not on the O-line. I look forward to new guidance and coaching of this unit. I think we are already seeing positive outcomes with the recruitment of Conerly. Student athletes bought into what was sold by the last leadership group. The same can be said of this group, but I look for better outcomes, and history seems to be on our side for more than recruiting outcomes. 

Congrats to our Head Coach and specifically Coach Klemm. This is validation we are on the right track. That track is heading in the right direction!

• Thumbs Up 2

I also can’t say that the last staff’s tactics were poor. The O-line was the runner up for the Moore Award. I just lean more into Klemm’s ideas on the matter. 

• Thanks 1

Wasn't Oregon a semifinalist for the Moore Award, not a runner up? The Beavers, were named a finalist which would seem to be even more impressive based on the talent.

I would give major kudos to the beavs for making the finalist round. I hate to say it, but hopefully this new staff can exceed what the beavs did last year. Beating out what the Ducks did last year will be easy in comparison.

· The offensive line has helped pave the way for the team’s rushing attack, which averages a Pac-12 best 217.3 yards per game and ranks T-12th nationally.

· The Beavers O-line have given up just 10 sacks, which leads the Pac-12 and is T-2nd nationally.

· Oregon State’s O-line is paving the way for an incredible 2.9 rush yards before contact, 2nd-most in the nation.

· The Beavers offensive line has allowed just 40 tackles for loss this season, the second-fewest in the nation.

On 4/10/2022 at 12:20 PM, Haywarduck said:

Wasn't Oregon a semifinalist for the Moore Award, not a runner up? The Beavers, were named a finalist which would seem to be even more impressive based on the talent.

I would give major kudos to the beavs for making the finalist round. I hate to say it, but hopefully this new staff can exceed what the beavs did last year. Beating out what the Ducks did last year will be easy in comparison.

· The offensive line has helped pave the way for the team’s rushing attack, which averages a Pac-12 best 217.3 yards per game and ranks T-12th nationally.

· The Beavers O-line have given up just 10 sacks, which leads the Pac-12 and is T-2nd nationally.

· Oregon State’s O-line is paving the way for an incredible 2.9 rush yards before contact, 2nd-most in the nation.

· The Beavers offensive line has allowed just 40 tackles for loss this season, the second-fewest in the nation.

I guess everyone that didn’t win would be a runner up. But being a finalist for the award doesn’t really point to poor or mediocre o-line play lol. That was my only point about the award though. 

On 4/10/2022 at 11:22 AM, Coach Eric Boles said:

I guess everyone that didn’t win would be a runner up. But being a finalist for the award doesn’t really point to poor or mediocre o-line play lol. That was my only point about the award though. 

Your getting close to dawg logic, careful ;)!

On 4/10/2022 at 2:25 PM, Haywarduck said:

Your getting close to dawg logic, careful ;)!

Haha I’ll accept that when they’re a finalist for anything.