Charles Fischer

Oregon & Dan Lanning Ready to Battle USC (Late Kick with Josh Pate)

"Every box they can have possibly checked so far...they have checked."    Short videos like this are comforting to Oregon fans, and point of concern for USC fans!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Everyone is forgetting that it's not just Conerly that we are beating out USC on. DB Florence, DL Pome'e and now WR Kasper also. Let's get the story straight.

Well stated opinion. 

A poor coaching hire would have been a huge set back for Oregon. Winning recruiting battles started very quickly and battling other high profile teams for top recruits is now continuing to be the norm. We have a staff that is up to the task.

Making sports headlines because you are winning those recruiting battles draws the type of attention that we need. Top talent will definitely notice. 

I am a big fan of what I see and hear happening. I get the feeling that this journey will include a lot more check marks in the near future. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I said from the start, Lincoln Riley is a very good coach. He is not what "Experts " are saying he is. Okie was gradually falling each year across the board under Riley. They are a mess now and Riley knew it was coming. 

USC got a huge bump in recruiting with the hire. That will taper off and digress each year. I view Conerly as the canary in the coal mine. Riley is not USC's savior.

Dan Lanning is the real deal in my opinion. It shows in the success he has had in only 4 months. Oregon will be the Pac-12 standard for another decade.

Great leaders are recognized from the start. Dan's rapid rise in the coaching ranks proves this. Every Duck fan that reads or posts to OBDF knows it. USC and Washington know it, it's why are they squawking. Utes have a great leader and coach, Don't hear a lot from them,  they don't have to chirp. 

Ducks are the standard and everyone knows it. Go Ducks!!!

• Thumbs Up 10

On 4/17/2022 at 4:38 PM, Log Haulin said:

I said from the start, Lincoln Riley is a very good coach. He is not what "Experts " are saying he is. Okie was gradually falling each year across the board under Riley. They are a mess now and Riley knew it was coming. 

USC got a huge bump in recruiting with the hire. That will taper off and digress each year. I view Conerly as the canary in the coal mine. Riley is not USC's savior.

Dan Lanning is the real deal in my opinion. It shows in the success he has had in only 4 months. Oregon will be the Pac-12 standard for another decade.

Great leaders are recognized from the start. Dan's rapid rise in the coaching ranks proves this. Every Duck fan that reads or posts to OBDF knows it. USC and Washington know it, it's why are they squawking. Utes have a great leader and coach, Don't hear a lot from them,  they don't have to chirp. 

Ducks are the standard and everyone knows it. Go Ducks!!!

This is an epic post, that summarizes what so many feel, but you take it to another level. The Pac-12 standard for the next decade?  Count me in!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

USC destroys coaches, Oregon makes great coaches. Until the patter changes, nothing else changes, go Ducks. Also agree with the pundit, Dan keeps checking all the boxes, can't wait to see the X' and O's in those boxes!