FishDuck Article

What Do YOU Want to See From the Oregon Spring Game?

Give me your take...what do you want to see in the Oregon Spring Game?

Ty-Thompson-in-2021-Spring-Game_Pac12-Vi
FISHDUCK.COM

Oregon Head Dan Lanning has the Duck fanbase energized the most in four years going into the Spring Football game, and it made me ponder about my expectations...

• Thanks 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

I just want to see FB being played. to bad it's not year round. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Most importantly, at the conclusion of the game I want to see all the players exit the field with no more than typical in-game bumps and bruises.

Here comes Captain Obvious – Quarterback play. I can’t remember a time that I’ve been so interested in watching a spring game quarterback truel.   

On offense, the utilization of the tight-end, and on defense, the coverage of the TE.  I know final judgements can’t be cast on a spring game, but last season I legitimately wondered if our coaching staff understood that the TE was eligible to catch passes.  Can we see an LB drop in coverage and break-up a pass, or perhaps a DB deflect a ball? 

Our receivers.  Can they run routes, how do they separate, and can they catch the ball?  Hope is high, and their measurables are favorable in comparison to last seasons crew, but let’s see it on the field. 

Who’s this guy, and where has he been?  I want to see a few “wow” plays from unexpected sources.  If not “wow” plays, how ‘bout encouraging play that gets us enthused about a player’s potential.  Who wants to be part of the new and improved Duck arsenal?   

I could go on ad nauseum on this topic, but I’m going to leave it as is.

Bottom line is that my anticipation level for this game measures my typical excitement for our first regular season, in-conference home game.  Perhaps I’m just starved for football.  Nah…it’s that Lanning fellow.  To me it’s the official kick-off of this journey, and I want to see where this sucker ends.

LET’S GO!!!   

• Thumbs Up 1

Blue sky and a lot of crazy fans.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/22/2022 at 6:56 AM, Just Ducky said:

Blue sky and a lot of crazy fans.

Pushing 70 degrees, it never rains at Autzen!

• Thumbs Up 1

NO INJURIES!

As Charles so noted, I definitely do not expect to see 'the full Monty' on O or D tomorrow.

I'd like to see Thompson hit and not overthrow his receivers. Is he accurate enough at this level of football to justify a 5* ranking? He did not come out of the top division in Arizona HS football. 

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 8:27 AM, Duck 1972 said:

I just want to see FB being played. to bad it's not year round. 

I tried watching the USFL this weekend. Hard to get into it.

Great weather, great football and lots of recruits that all say "I'm gonna be a Duck"!

• Thumbs Up 2

Passing and receptions of more than 10 yards, AND no injuries.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:22 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I tried watching the USFL this weekend. Hard to get into it.

I meant Duck FB

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:08 AM, Jon Joseph said:

NO INJURIES!

As Charles so noted, I definitely do not expect to see 'the full Monty' on O or D tomorrow.

I'd like to see Thompson hit and not overthrow his receivers. Is he accurate enough at this level of football to justify a 5* ranking? He did not come out of the top division in Arizona HS football. 

Keep in mind Herbert was a 3-star. Many 4-star QB’s turn out to be better than 5-stars.

I don’t care how many stars Thompson has…..can the kid play? Can Butterfield play?

We now hear from Auburn that Ashford, our apparent 4th stringer last year CAN play. We know Nix can play, but we also know he can be inconsistent.

Let’s see what happens on the field…..where it matters.