Charles Fischer

De'Anthony Thomas...Could Have, SHOULD Have?

• Salute 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I love that last one with Thomas returning a punt for a TD that he really had no business returning. It just showed off his entire skill set and what made him so unique.

Also... the play where he beat the WSU defender who was running in front of him is priceless... Seven McGee's first play of the Spring Game had him trying his best De'Anthony moves but couldn't quite pull it off.

Never seen a guy make cuts at full speed like that except maybe Reggie Bush. The kid broke a lot of ankles. Seven is going to be good but not that good.

• Thumbs Up 3

Highlights are highlights but WOW! Freak of nature. Just made everyone look silly. 

To think he could have gone to sc and been a DB? Oregon, once again, where players come to become legends!

I saw DaT in person and he is one short dude.  However, according to the NFL combine height measurements, he was half an inch taller than Tyreek.  I think the main difference is/was DaT really was mainly a RB and Tyreek is a WR. 

I know coaches pigeon hole kids at an early age.  Since DaT was so fast, you just handed him the ball.  That way you didn't have to try and throw it to him and have a QB who couldn't get it there in middle school.  DaT probably came into high school as a RB and the coach just kept him there.  

DaT did play the tazer at Oregon, but I'm not sure how much route running he really learned while at Oregon.

• Applause 1

Don't discount that the DT NFL was WAAAYY different than the Hill NFL.

Patrick Mahoomes and others hadn't shown up yet.

Who did he have in KC? Trent Dilfer? 

On 4/28/2022 at 9:02 AM, Tandaian said:

I saw DaT in person and he is one short dude.  However, according to the NFL combine height measurements, he was half an inch taller than Tyreek.  I think the main difference is/was DaT really was mainly a RB and Tyreek is a WR. 

I know coaches pigeon hole kids at an early age.  Since DaT was so fast, you just handed him the ball.  That way you didn't have to try and throw it to him and have a QB who couldn't get it there in middle school.  DaT probably came into high school as a RB and the coach just kept him there.  

DaT did play the tazer at Oregon, but I'm not sure how much route running he really learned while at Oregon.

Agree, it all about route running and catching tough balls in the NFL. There are plenty of speedy DB's. I am sure DAT is till magic with the ball in his hands, but he would need to get the ball in space and that isn't as easy in the NFL.