30Duck

Position Groups: Where the Ducks are Strong and Where They are Weak

On 4/28/2022 at 1:50 PM, 30Duck said:

Yeah no offense but I wouldn't call any of the journalist's at DT experts in players abilities. Its getting to be really irritating how much stuff is put out from these guys now like they really know what their talking about. 247 is a SEC biased place that just thrives to be heard. Now over here I have a totally different feeling with Green and Yellow writers at FD as they all point out what they talk about and they don't seem influenced by EGOTISM. Also talking about Johnson who delivered 4 sacks and like 5 stops behind the LOS are phenomenal.

He then goes on to talk about KT as if he did anything remotely great at any time he played for Oregon as a can't miss player. That's not even remotely true about that cat as his talent should have produced a sack every game and the dude didn't come close or the most important games and they were both Utah games he doesn't even show up and remember people he was getting paid 7 figures and were not talking in the NFL. I have a pretty good feeling about the new staff though and all the players they bring in that they will get the most out of them and expect it.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/28/2022 at 3:15 PM, MaiTaiDuck said:

Now over here I have a totally different feeling with Green and Yellow writers at FD as they all point out what they talk about and they don't seem influenced by EGOTISM.

First off... Have you seen how many times I link to my own articles? I'm a complete egomaniac! 

All these position group rankings this time of year are really only based off rather little evidence but most importantly it does give us something to talk about or at least think about. 

Especially with the mixed groups at the spring game I find it very difficult to gauge too much about the team on the whole besides some rather obvious stuff. 

As for KT... I think oddly enough the best gauge of his potential is looking at his freshman year, as strange as that sounds. That year he had the best overall defense around him and it allowed him the time and space to execute at a higher level than following years. If he stayed an extra year I think he would be an absolute terror in Lanning's system. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Grading this Duck team at this stage should come with a disclaimer: For Entertainment Purposes Only.

The spring game is the only body of work we have to go off of. All the new pieces makes it almost impossible to get a good read on who and what this Duck team is.

The only things we know for sure is the fact that they were having fun, the coaches were having fun and we were having fun. So the fun factor and that they passed the eye test gives me a ton of excitement for this Duck squad. 

I don't need the "experts". I know what I saw and so does everyone else. Lanning and his team have put the excitement back in Duck football... Ooooo!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/28/2022 at 5:39 PM, Log Haulin said:

Lanning and his team have put the excitement back in Duck football... Ooooo!

Gotta agree with that! There will be rough spots and weaknesses in this year's team, but from what we've seen so far, the errors will be errors of commission, rather errors of omission, as they're been the last few years.

On 4/28/2022 at 3:15 PM, MaiTaiDuck said:

Yeah no offense but I wouldn't call any of the journalist's at DT experts in players abilities. Its getting to be really irritating how much stuff is put out from these guys now like they really know what their talking about. 247 is a SEC biased place

All due respect to MaiTai, I agree with Skopil on the postion groups at this stage after spring practices. And his take on KT was just reinforced by the NY Giants taking him at #5. 247 nationally may be SEC biased, but Eric Skopil is a local kid from a long time Eugene family, is pretty respected overall and I enjoy reading his stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1