30Duck

KT: Cristobal to Miami Not a Surprise

• Great post! 1

Gotta respect KT shooting straight on this. Explains the sound of a deflating balloon coming from both Utah games and finally the Alamo Bowl. Amazing the rebuild that Lanning has done thus far.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Out with the UGLY and in with the "BIG DOG " and his equally top staff. Mario who!

On 5/5/2022 at 10:15 AM, MaiTaiDuck said:

Out with the UGLY and in with the "BIG DOG " and his equally top staff. Mario who!

Honestly do not respect KT in any way. Mario is a close second as in two face.

• Yikes! 1

KT is simply pointing out the obvious out loud.  I mean you could tell Mario lost the team in the last 3 weeks of the season based on how they were performing.

I do have respect for Mario wanting to get back to where his mom was living. Also grateful for the time he spent away from her helping build Oregon back to where we are now. It would seem Oregon is back to being the program destined for greatness!

It seems to have worked out for everyone, except the fans and players last season. May we, never again, lose 3 of our last 4 games! That is something he has in common with Coach Helfrich.

Helfrich was fired for that statistic, along with some others, amazingly Mario was going to get a raise. If Mario had signed that contract it may have been right up there with Helfrich's extension as the worst contracts in Oregon AD history.

• Thumbs Up 4

Don’t think KT is breaking some type of unwritten code by answering the way he did. 

Credit to KT and others (assuming others felt this way as well) for keeping this under wraps!  An easy avenue to take when being questioned about losses and poor play would be to point a finger at a not fully

committed leader.  In not saying anything, KT & Co. demonstrated a high level of respect for their coach, and something KT is accused of not having - maturity.     

He also was able to be complimentary of MC and came across as sincere in wishing him the best.

It’s apparent our guy is going to be a controversial lightning rod at the next level. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Amazing the path of destruction doubt in the coach can create in a team... NOT.

The formula is simple and remains the same: you want people - players and coaches - who really want to be here.

On 5/5/2022 at 12:24 PM, Washington Waddler said:

The formula is simple and remains the same: you want people - players and coaches - who really want to be here.

I would add, as Lanning has, to become the best they can be, and the best teammates. I think Mario got people here who wanted to be here, but not always to become the best they could be. Hopefully this is the final step in creating the National Title Program.

This is a critical point, as recruiting was a priority with Mario. He had coaches who made it a priority to recruit at a high level. I just don't think they were as invested in developing talent and a team as the new staff.

• Thumbs Up 1